MINUTES OF WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL VIRTUAL MEETING
HELD ON MAY 4TH 2020
Present: Cllr David Llewellyn – Chairman,
Cllr Martyn Cann, Cllr Ian Mack.
Also present: County Councillor Martin Storey
1. Apologies for Absence accepted from:
Apologies received from Cllr Mick Peake, Cllr Mandy Peake, Cllr Paul Williams and Cllr
Apologies also received from Borough Councillor Colin Sampson.
2. No declarations of Interest made
3. Chairman and Vice Chairman
It was agreed that David Llewellyn will remain as Chairman of Wretton Parish Council until
the parish council meeting in May 2021, with Mick Peake also remaining as Vice-Chairman.
4. Approval of Minutes:
The minutes of the meeting held on 02.03.2020 were accepted as a true record of the
meeting and will be signed at the next physical meeting of Wretton Parish Council.
5.1 Chairman’s Report
• Noted that bollards have been installed along Church Path to protect the verge.
• With the current lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic no further work has
been undertaken to the Wretton Green ‘pond’ area.
• The village defibrillator has been called on but not actually used. Concern was raised
by those who returned the defibrillator that there is not enough light in the phone
box and Cllr Mack will check the defibrillator to ensure it has been replaced correctly.
Once the current coronavirus lockdown has ended Cllr Cann will check the lighting in
5.2 Clerk’s Report
• Written report submitted with agenda.
• Correspondence received continues to be shared with Councillors.
• End of year accounts will be passed to the Internal Auditor with the intention that
the accounts can be accepted and approved by the Council at the Parish Council
meeting on July 6th. The Council will also need to complete its Certificate of
Exemption from External Audit.
• It was noted that a car which had been parked on Wretton Green for some time has
5.3 Risk Assessment Update
The play area the in village has been locked, as is the current government guideline, to
discourage use at this time.
6. Accounts were presented and accepted for payment.
Cheques for approval of payment
Clerk’s salary £118.44
Clerk’s Expenses (postage and storage boxes) £28.00
K & M Lighting Services x2 (streetlight maintenance) £38.64
Software annual 356 licence £59.99
CGM grass cutting (March) £234.00
Zurich annual insurance £406.48
E.ON (street lighting electric) £400.42
Finance – @ 31st March 2020:
Current Account £5289.89
Business Premium Account £3467.15
Councillors had been previously presented with a copy of the end of year accounts and
bank reconciliation for 31.03.2020.
7. Planning Applications:
7.1 20/00572/F Construction of a detached garage at The Bungalow Cromer Lane
Wretton King’s Lynn Norfolk PE33 9QX
Councillors felt this application was difficult to interpret and that the proposed building
looked to possibly be more than a garage. The planning case officer will be asked for more
8. Other Reports – for information only:
• Dog fouling remains an issue particularly at Lime House Drove and along the
footpath by the Cut. The Borough Councillor will be asked for advice.
• County Councillor Martin Storey was present at the meeting to give a verbal report.
He stressed that he prefers to attend meetings so he can give an up to date report
rather than submit a written report which can be out of date. This is especially so at
the present time and it was noted that the Parish Council does receive regular
updates from the Borough Council and Norfolk County Council. Information is also
available on the Councils websites.
• Potholes reported along Low Road. Noted that NCC Highways are working at the
present time but smaller highway issues may be on hold due to the current
Public Participation – No members of the public present
Chairman’s Signature……………………………………… Date……………