MINUTES OF WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING MEETING
HELD AT ALL SAINTS CHURCH WRETTON
2ND MARCH 2020
Present: Cllr David Llewellyn – Chairman,
Cllr Mick Peake, Cllr Mandy Peake, Cllr Martyn Cann, Cllr Ian Mack, Cllr Paul Williams.
Also present: Borough Councillor Colin Sampson and Norfolk County Councillor Martin Store
0 members of the public present.
1. Apologies for Absence received from:
Cllr Peter Garnett
2. No Declarations of Interest made:
3. Approval of Minutes:
The minutes of the meetings held on 06.01.2020 and 11.02.2020 were confirmed as a true
4. Update on matters arising from previous meetings:
Covered in reports or as agenda items.
5.1 Chairman’s Report
• The reinstatement of the hedge which was removed in Chequers Lane has taken
place and replanting has taken place approximately 1 meter back from the line of
the original hedge. It is possible this could now allow the road to be made wider and
the situation will be monitored.
• HGVs continue to drive through the village and verges are being destroyed by them.
It is believed vehicles avoid Low Road as it has a weight restriction but follow Sat
Navs down roads that are totally unsuitable. A suggestion was made to investigate
whether signage stating “Do not follow Sat Navs!” could be installed adjacent to
other road signs.
• The Parish Council has offered to provide a page for All Saints Church on the Council
5.2 Clerk’s Report
Correspondence passed to Councillors:
• Police Drop in Surgeries 08.01.20
• Norfolk ALC Updates 28.01.20, 30.01.20, 10.02.20, 12.02.20
• Love West Norfolk Day 03.02.20
• Keep Britain Tidy 12.02.20
• Norfolk ALC Training Bulletin 24.02.20
• Police Newsletter 24.02.20
• E-mail received regarding field drainage has been passed to Highways
• Carer’s Conference West Norfolk 27.02.20
5.3 Risk Assessment Update
The Clerk has received a report of a vehicle regularly parking on Wretton Green. A letter
will be written to the owner of the vehicle once they have been identified.
6. Accounts were presented and accepted for payment.
Cheques for approval of payment
Payments for February 2020
Clerks Salary £118.44
Street Light Maintenance (Feb. March) £38.64
Maxey Grounds & Co (rent of play area) £107.00
BCKLWN (Dog bin emptying) £350.43
Watton Town Council (photocopying) £6.00
Bank Balances at 31.01.2020
Current Account £5889.67
Savings Account £3465.93
Note that £95.37 has been received for recycling credits from the paper bank.
6.1 It was agreed to engage the same Internal Auditor, Mrs Ann Morgan, as in recent past
7. Project Updates
7.1 Wretton Green “pond” area – Cllr Paul Williams is still looking into how the “pond” can
be filled in. He is in touch with the Environment Agency and is hopeful of finding a solution.
8. Storage and retention of documents
The Parish Council will look to store recent documents electronically with historic hard copy documents to be sorted and re-filed more efficiently with unnecessary paperwork to be disposed of.
9. Additional grass cutting for 2020
It was agreed to engage the current grounds maintenance contractor to add mowing of the triangle and verge at the junction of West Dereham Road and Church Road to the grass cutting contract for 2020/21 as quoted.
10. No Planning Applications received for consultation
11. Other Reports – for information only:
• Highways are to install bollards to prevent large vehicles damaging the verge by
Chairman’s Signature……………………………………… Date……………