MINUTES OF WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD AT THE CHURCH
MONDAY MARCH 2ND 2015
Present– Cllr David Llewellyn – Chairman, Cllr Martin Cann, Cllr Mick Peake, Cllr Mandy Peake, Cllr Lydia Beatty, Cllr John Wyett.
Borough Councillor Colin Sampson
1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr John Reeve
2. No Declarations of Interest made
3. The Minutes of the meeting held on 05/01/15 were agreed as a true record.
4. Matters Arising from previous meetings
• Paper bank
The paper bank continues to be used by parishioners and has recently been emptied.
• HGV signs for Wretton Row
It has been reported that signs stating Wretton Road is unsuitable for HGVs may be erected at the Wereham end of the Row. Confirmation of this will be sort.
• Lydia’s Lane
The Highway Technician for the area has stated that he has passed the concern regarding encroachment of common land at Lydia’s Lane to Norfolk County Council Boundary Team, who should register the encroachment.
5. 5.1 Chairman’s Report
• The Chairman had nothing to report as all items were to be covered on the agenda.
5.2 Clerk’s Report
• The Clerk had nothing to report as all items were to be covered on the agenda.
5.3 Risk Assessment check
A copy of the Annual Inspection of the play equipment has been received. The overall assessment indicated moderate risk and issues raised will be addressed.
6. Accounts were presented and accepted for payment.
Cheques for approval of payment
SJ Scarrott (Jan./Feb.) £112.48
K & M Lighting (x2) £33.78
BCKLWN– play area inspection £84.00
HMRC PAYE £42.00
Bonnetts (maintenance of play area gates) £155.00
Financial position @ December 31st 2014
Community Account Balance £2017.45
Business Saver Account (1) £687.64
Business Premium Account £12280.31
Business Saver Account (2) £0.36
6.1 Grounds Maintenance contract 2015
Two quotes have been received for the grounds maintenance contract. It was agreed to accept the quote from the previous contractors for a further three year period (2015, 2016, 2017). It was also agreed to add two cuts per year of the village footpaths to the contract at an additional cost of £125 plus VAT per cut.
6.2 Play Area fencing
Quotes have been sought to replace the current fencing around the Play Area with 4ft chain link fencing but to use the present support posts which could be cut down.
So far no quotes have been received and more effort will be made to find someone willing to undertake the work.
A padlock will need to be purchased for the large gate at the play area with a key to be provided for the grounds maintenance contractors.
6.3 Internal Auditor
It was agreed to appoint Ann Morgan as the Internal Auditor for the forthcoming year.
• “Make Sure You Vote” poster
• Norfolk Association of Local Councils weekly e-mail
• Complaints have been received regarding dogs running loose in the area of Lydia’s Lane but is appears this issue has now been resolved.
8. Planning applications received for consideration
Application 15/00161/F – Replacement main roof with raised rear slope and new parapet wall at The Shrubberies, Low Road, Wretton
Cllr. M Peake took no part in discussion of item 8.
9. Adoption of BT phone box
The Chairman has signed the agreement from BT for the sale and purchase by the Parish Council of the telephone box in the parish.
There is no obligation for the Parish Council to maintain the phone box but it should be noted care should be taken if work is undertaken as the box may have been painted with lead based paint.
It was agreed an electricity supply would not need to be maintained to the box.
A sign will need to be posted to say the Parish Council owns the box and the emergency services will need to be notified once the sale agreement has been finalised
10. Dates of future meetings
It was agreed the Annual Parish Meeting (to start at 7pm) and Annual Meeting of the Parish Council (to start at 7.30pm) would be held on May 18th. I
11. Further Reports
• Pot holes were reported at the top end of Fen Road and by the bus shelter
• Chequers Road corner has been experiencing flooding but it is hoped this will be alleviated as the road side grupps have now been dug out.
NO PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
(No members of the public present)
Chairman’s Signature……………………………………… Date……………