MINUTES OF NORTHWOLD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD AT THE VILLAGE HALL ON TUESDAY DECEMBER 6TH 2011
Present: Mrs R Crisp, Mrs S Bury, Mr M Peake, Mrs V Lynch, Mrs S Jackson, Mr A Collins, Mr F Eglington, Miss A Muir & 1 member of the public
1. Apologies for absence: Mr D George
2. Declarations of Interest:
Mrs S Jackson declared an interest in matters relating to Whittington Churchyard/Cemetery.
Mr F Eglington declared an interest in item 11.1.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 01/11/11 were agreed as a true record.
4. Matters Arising from previous meetings
- The Parish Council allotments both have tenants and the Clerk will clarify which tenant is cultivating which plot.
- It was noted that discos are being successfully held at Northwold Sports & Social Club.
- Thanks were expressed to Mr Roger Warner who has rolled the ground at Northwold Playing Field.
- Ivy has been removed from the bus shelter at Whittington but there is still more to be cleared.
- A drain has been repaired inSchool Lane.
- Mrs R Crisp and Mr A Collins volunteered to decorate the Parish Council Christmas Tree in the Church.
5.1 Chairman’s Report
- Mrs Sue Leet who was formerly a member of the Parish Council but resigned due to personal reasons was present at the meeting and has volunteered to re-join the Council. There are two vacancies on the Council and the Monitoring Officer will be consulted regarding whether the Council can co-opt members at the January meeting of the Parish Council.
- The Village Allotment Charity has asked if water can be made available atNorthwoldCemeteryfor use by allotment holders. It has been suggested a water trough could be placed in the Cemetery which the Charity Trustees would be responsible for. The allotment rent would be increased and money raised would be used for paying for the water used. Costs for providing water will be brought to the January Parish Council meeting for further consideration.
5.2 The Clerk’s Report
- A letter has been received from St. Andrew’s Church, Northwold requesting financial assistance towards grounds maintenance of the Churchyard. This will be an agenda item for the January meeting of the Parish Council.
- A letter has been received from The Stoke Ferry Common Room Youth Club requesting help to purchase a shed and equipment. This will be an agenda item for the January meeting of the Parish Council.
- A quote has been received to fit replacement seats and chains on swings at the Playing Field. It was previously agreed this would be undertaken and the cost quoted is