MINUTES OF NORTHWOLD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD AT THE VILLAGE HALL TUESDAY FEBRUARY 1ST 2011
Present: Mrs R Crisp, Mrs V Lynch, Mr M Peake, Mrs T Waller, Mr D George.
3 members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Mr M Roberts.
The Police Safer Neighbourhood Team also sent apologies.
2. No Declarations of Interest were made.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 04/01/11 were agreed as a true record.
It was agreed to move item 6. up the agenda and Mr Frank Eglinton was co-opted as a Parish Councillor.
4. Matters Arising from previous meetings
* Some discussion took place regarding replacement of the salt bin by the Village Hall and the location of a salt bin by the Church at Whittington. Two salt bins are to be ordered for Northwold and one smaller bin for Whittington.
* A street light in Church Lane, Whittington, said to be lit all day, has been repaired.
5.1 Chairman’s Report
* The Chairman attended a recent SNAP meeting where Sharron Freemantle gave a presentation for Northwold which gained grant funding of £1333 for community notice boards. Thanks to Sharron’s efforts the parish is able to purchase four notice boards. Community Action Northwold (CAN) will site the boards at the Village Hall, by the Playing Field, in West End and at an agreed location in Whittington.
It is hoped the notice board in Little London can be repaired and that it will have space for community groups to post notices. Mr. George has offered to repair the notice board.
Once installed the Parish Council will maintain the notice boards.
* CAN is considering holding a street party to celebrate the Royal Wedding on April 29th 2011. However, there is a considerable expense incurred to arrange closure of a road. Further discussion will take place as to where a party might be held.
* The Government has plans to sell our national forests. It was agreed the Parish Council should inform Elizabeth Truss MP that it opposes the sale of any of Thetford Forest.
* The Environment Agency and David Isles should both be thanked for the work they have undertaken on footpaths at the Common.
* A representative from Highways is to meet members of the public to consider issues relating to drainage in the village.
5.2 The Clerk’s Report
* The Clerk attended a planning training meeting held by the Borough Council. Possible issues that may result from The Localism Bill were considered. Slides of the presentation will be sent to Councillors.
* Parish Council elections are due to take place on May 5th 2011 and thus the date of the May Parish Council meeting was provisionally set for May 11th 2011.
5.3 Manor House Update – no further report
5.4 A134 Crossroads Update – no further report
Item 6. moved to earlier in the meeting.
* Drainage is a problem along the Methwold Road, before the A134 crossroads and at the pull in near the bend before Wents Farm. It was felt drains are silted and need clearing. This has been reported to Highways.
* Dog fouling is still a problem in the High Street. A reminder has been published in the ‘Village Life’ for dog owners to be responsible and clear up after their animals.
7. The following payments were agreed:
MHB Services (street lighting maintenance) £51.20
E.on Energy (street light electric) £146.98
Village Hall Committee £10.00
BCKLWN – dog bin emptying £138.08
Clerk Salary £111.70
Car Scheme £85.55
The current bank balance will stand at £9709.68 when all payments have been deducted.
8.1 Proposal to amalgamate Methwold High School and Hockwold Primary School into one school on two sites.
8.2 Proposed power and recycling centre at Saddlebow in West Norfolk
8.3 Forthcoming police surgeries: Nordelph Village Hall 20/02/11 10.15 to 10.45, Priory Centre Downham Market 21/02/11 11am to 12pm and Harley’s Coffee Shop, Feltwell 26/02/11 10am to 12pm.
8.4 Royal British Legion – The Great Poppy Party Weekend.
8.5 A letter has been received from Northwold Cricket Club regarding the condition of Northwold Playing Field.
Discussion took place as to how to respond to the letter. Suggestions were made for assisting the Cricket Club. It was felt the Parish Council could not look at returfing any of the Playing Field until the Chafer bug problem at the field has been dealt with.
9. Planning applications received for consultation
9.1 Conversion of workshop/barn to form 4 bedroom annexe (re-sub 10/01939/F) at Lime Kiln Farm, 23 Church Lane, Whittington 11/00089/F
Objection raised on the same grounds as the previous application relating to the workshop/barn.
9.2 Erection of store in the NW corner of the site to store charcoal products at Big K Charcoal Merchants, Whittington Hill, Whittington 11/00075/F
No observations made
9.3 Notice of Decisions:
* Construction of two storey rear extension to dwelling at 15 Little London Lane, Northwold 10/01981/F
* Non-material amendment to planning consent 2/99/0707/CU: Conversion of barns to 2 residential units at 3 West End, Northwold – the use of pre-fabricated roof trusses in main barn instead of steel framing approved
10.Further reports/items for the next agenda
10.1 The election process