Minutes of the January Meeting of Northwold PC
MINUTES OF NORTHWOLD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD AT THE VILLAGE HALL
TUESDAY JANUARY 4TH 2011
Present: Mrs R Crisp, Mr M Peake, Mrs T Waller, Mr D George, Miss A Muir, Mr M Roberts.
2 members of the public
1. Apologies for absence
Mrs V Lynch, Mr J Norris. PCSO Tracy Milburn also sent apologies.
It was reported that Mr. M Wells has resigned from the Parish Council. He will be thanked for his contributions as a Councillor. Two vacancies exist on the Parish Council. This has been advertised and one volunteer has shown an interest in joining the Council. Co-option will be an agenda item for the February Parish Council meeting.
2. No Declarations of Interest were made.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 07/12/10 were agreed as a true record.
It was noted that one of the main reasons the Parish Council wished to recommend refusal of planning application 2/88/2804/CU/F was ecological. It was suggested local residents should submit their own objections also.
4. Matters Arising from previous meetings
* An agreement has been sent to the lady who wishes to lease the vacant garden allotment.
* The Chairman is to attend the SNAP meeting later in the week to investigate possible grant funding for notice boards.
* Some discussion took place regarding the proposed siting of the grit bins both in Northwold and at Whittington. A request to site bins at the Crossroads and by the phone box in Methwold Road and in Church Lane, Whittington has been submitted to Highways.
* A street light in Church Lane, Whittington is said to be lit all day.
5.1 Chairman’s Report
* The Chairman reported that the Environment Agency has finished work to the bridge along Common Drove. The Environmental Agency is unlikely to undertake any further work to the footpath in future and it is likely such maintenance work will fall to the Parish Council. Consideration will need to be given to incorporating a sum in future budgets to fund maintenance of footpaths. It is possible money from Constables Charity could be put towards maintenance of Common Drove.
* It was reported that a dog is continually allowed to foul the pavement in Northwold High Street. This will be reported as anti-social behaviour.
5.2 The Clerk’s Report
* Concern regarding drainage in the village has been passed to the Highway Engineer.
* Information has been received regarding tree risk assessments.
* A quote has been received for treating the chafer bugs at the Playing Field. Further quotes will be sought.
* The annual play equipment inspection report has been received. Mr. Roberts offered to look at risks identified.
* Mr. George offered to look at the notice board in Little London to determine if it is repairable.
5.3 Manor House Update – no further report
5.4 A134 Crossroads Update – no further report
It was agreed Mrs Ann Howarth will sign confirmation of burial forms on behalf of Northwold Parish Council.
NO MATTERS RAISED IN OPEN FORUM
6. The following payments were agreed:
MHB Services (street lighting maintenance) £50.14
E.on Energy (street light electric) £146.98
Village Hall Committee £10.00
Country Grounds Maintenance £290.00
Clerk Salary/postage £103.44
The current bank balance will stand at £9889.22 when the December payments have been deducted.
7.1 Norfolk Gritting Routes Leaflet 2010/11.
7.2 Invitation to Open Meeting to discuss the Police Budget for 2011/12 – 20th Jan. @ Jubilee House, Wymondham.
7.3 NRCC Signpost
7.4 Norfolk Link etc.
7.5 Some debate took place regarding Norfolk County Council’s ‘Big Conversation’.
8. No Planning applications received for consultation
9. Constables Charity
It was decided to wait until a planned extension has been built at 15 Little London Lane before releasing money from the charity for repair of the lane as it was felt vehicles, associated with the planned building work, which will be using the lane could cause further damage to the surface of the lane.
10. Further reports/items for the next agenda
A letter has been received from Northwold Sports & Social Club stating that the agreement relating to use of the Sports & Social Club will not be signed before the club’s AGM in February 2011. The Parish Council is sympathetic of the club’s present financial difficulties but would like to be kept informed of the situation. A reply will be composed to that effect.