Minutes of the meeting of Wereham Parish council held in the Village Hall On Tuesday 11th November 2008 at 7.30 p.m.
1. Present: P. Markwell – Vice Chairman, Mrs. Willis, D. Pickston, C. Humphries, P. Norris together with 4 members of the public.
Apologies: R. Lankfer and C. Sampson – Borough Councillor.
2. Minutes; Mrs. Willis proposed and C. Humphries seconded that the Minutes of the meeting held on 9th September 2008 be signed as a correct record.
3. Matters Arising: A letter of thanks is to be sent to Ivan Voutt for removing the Swinging Plank play item as required by the Safety Officer because it was unsafe. The cleaning of the play surface is in hand and the Goal Post module is going to be re-sited to a position as agreed by the Parish Councillors and interested local residents. Willow Trees around the Pond – a price is to be obtained for the felling of the dying tree and the grinding of the root together with the root of a previously felled tree. Cemetery Inspection is still pending. New Signs – Wretton Row and Wereham Row have been erected. The footpath from Crown Gardens to Flegg Green still needs attention as does the footpath edge from Holm Oak to The Row. There is an 8″ round cover missing from?? at the junction of the Manor wall at the A 134 near the pedestrian crossing.
Co-option to fill Vacancy: There were two applicants and a paper ballot took place – Mrs. Karin Newell was duly elected.
Planning Application: Conversion & extension of garage to form self contained Granny annexe – Finlandia, Stoke Road – recommend approval.
Planning Decisions: C of U from Residential Care Home to 3 dwellings Manor House – withdrawn.
Extension of Agricultural bldg. At New College Farm, Wereham – granted.
5. Payments: Br. Legion Poppy Appeal: £16.50 – proposed P. Norris and seconded Mrs. Willis – pass for payment.
6. Correspondence: N.R.C.C. – Signpost: Your Council: Norfolk Police Timetable – all noted. R.G.M. – request to quote for grass cutting – letter to be acknowledged -suggest try next year, U. Baddock wrote requesting the reinstatement of the ‘No Parking Beyond This Point’ sign at the entrance to Ben’s Lane. He confirmed that C. Mason of Masson Sealey has confirmed the sign will be made free of charge and G. Baddock has agreed to erect same.
7. Any Other Business: The road surface opposite Colbournes Garage entrance on Stoke Road needs some attention. The metal seat at the Pond edge needs re-painting in the Spring. There is to be a 3 month trial period starting 1st December 2008 for NO LITTER BINS in the Village – it is hoped that everyone will take their litter home to their own bin. Hedging is to be planted around the Gas Compound. The clerk is to contact N.C.C. and request reflectors be placed on the railings at the pedestrian crossing (A134) at Flegg Green and edging kerbs be laid along the footpath in Flegg Green and Lynn Road (Flegg Green towards Downham) to stop the soil encroaching on the hard surface.
The meeting closed at 8.50p.m.