Northwold Parish Council, Extraordinary Meeting July 2017
Northwold and Whittington Parish Council – Extraordinary Meeting Wednesday 19th July 2017, 7.30pm Northwold Village Hall
Draft Minutes for approval at the next Ordinary Meeting
PRESENT: Cllr R. Crisp (Chairman), Cllr C. Anderson, Cllr C. Pointeer, Cllr G. Gillett, Cllr N Nickles and Mrs N. Cooper, Clerk.
Also present: There were 2 members of the public.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Apologies of absence were provided for Cllr A Muir, Cllr S Leet, Cllr S Gillet and Cllr C Sharp These were accepted by all.
Cllr Crisp formally announced the recently received resignation from Cllr A Muir who will be greatly missed and has been an asset to the Parish Council. Both the Chairman and the Clerk have emailed Alison to express gratitude for her services.
This now means that a new period of advertising a vacancy must be started. The Parish Council must wait 14 days from 20.7.17 to find out if an election must be called and if not, then a new Councillor can be co-opted.
2. MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTERESTS (for items on the Agenda) – Issue of Dispensations Cllr Crisp declared an interest in the Planning Application for Crips Yard.
3. TO DISCUSS NOMINATION OF ASSET OF COMMUNITY VALUE - The Crown Inn Northwold The application to nominate the Crown Inn as an asset of community value was discussed. It was noted that there have been two very well attended public meetings regarding the Crown Inn and that there was a great deal of community support and enthusiasm for progressing the project and saving the Crown from closure. It was unanimously agreed that as a representative of the parish the Parish Council must strongly support the application. CLERK TO CONFIRM THIS VIA EMAIL TO EASTLAW
It was also queried whether the Parish Council would be able to contribute financially to the project at some point in the future should it become a topic for discussion. CLERK TO ASK NORFOLK ALC
Cllr C Anderson asked whether he could officially represent the Parish Council on The Crown Inn Steering Group. All were in full agreement that this would be a good way forward.
4. DISCUSS AMMENDMENT TO WHITTINGTON BOAT STAGING PLANNING APPLICATION 17/00826/F AND RESOLVE ON PARISH COUNCIL RESPONSE This was discussed and Cllr Pointeer raised a number of material objections to the revised application which included: the map used being significantly out of date; lack of details on the use of the staging; noise and pollution; environmental impacts including sewage disposal and diesel spillage; navigational limits of the location; visual impact; community safety; lack of full ecological surveys; material change of use and lack of need. These points were agreed to and all resolved to continue their objection to the planning application and the proposed amendments. CLERK TO SEND EMAIL TO PLANNING AUTHORITY
5. TO DISCUSS COSTS AND OPTIONS FOR BIN HOUSING AT NORTHWOLD RECREATION GROUND AND RESOLVE ON PURCHASE A selection of bin housing options were discussed, the costs range from £377 to £492 plus vat. It was resolved that 2 x 240l bin liners be requested from the Borough Council and fortnightly collections to be arranged. It was agreed that Cllr Anderson should select the best bin housing from those viewed and that the Clerk would order these before the September meeting. CLLR ANDERSON / CLERK TO ARRANGE THE ORDER
6. TO REVIEW REQUEST FOR MEMORIAL AT NORTHWOLD CEMETERY AND RESOLVE ON PARISH COUNCIL RESPONSE A memorial as requested by H Brett and Son was reviewed and approved. CLERK TO CONFIRM BY RETURN
7. TO DISCUSS ANY ADDITIONAL PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND RESOLVE ON PARISH COUNCIL RESPONSE The following Planning Applications were discussed;
i. 17/01282/F Single Storey Extension, The Laurels, 3 The High Street, Northwold. No objections raised. ii. 17/01343/F Single Storey Extension, Crisps Yard, Common Drove, Northwold. (Cllr Crisp left the room before discussion) No objections raised.
Emergency Business as approved by Chairman: It was formally noted that the January 2017 payment to CGM had been missed and a cheque for immediate payment was approved. CLERK TO ACTION
With nothing more to discuss the meeting closed at 8.05pm
Chairman: __________________________________ Date: __________________