Northwold Parish Council January meeting
PRESENT: Councillors A. Collins Vice Charman, A. Muir, C. Anderson , S. Leet , Cllr. A. Jenkinson, Cllr C. Pointeer, G. Gillett, S Gillett, F. Eglington (Cllr Eglington is also the temporary Clerk), and Mrs P Angus to take the minutes for this meeting. There were 3 members of the public.
1. PUBLIC FORUM A member of the public said that he noticed that the web site was not up to date, the Chair explained that in the absence of a Clerk they were unable to update the website and the Council are trying to find a solution to this problem. The same member of public said that he noticed that there was a question still outstanding that he asked this time last year regarding a footpath and the Chair said that Highways do not have the money for repairs and work on local footpaths.
2. LOCAL AUTHORITY REPORTS i. Norfolk County Council Not at meeting ii. Kings Lynn & West Norfolk Borough Council Not at meeting
3. ACCEPTANCE OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Cllrs M. Peak and R. Crisp.
4. MEMBERS’ DECLARATION OF INTERESTS (for items on the Agenda) – Issue of Dispensations None
5. TO APPROVE AND SIGN THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING held on 15th December 2016 Cllr Eglington said that some corrections have been made which involved the totals and the defibrillator and they are ready for the Chair to sign. Following this amendment all agreed that the minutes were true record of the meeting held on the 15th December 2016, a copy of the amended minutes will be sent to the Chair to sign and file in the minute book.
6. REPORTS AND MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS
6.1 Chair’s report The chair said that he had asked Bonnets to do the posts for the Cemetery, he has written to the bank to change the address where the statement is to go to.
6.2 Clerk’s report No Clerk to report.
7. HIGHWAYS MATTERS
7.1 Highways Update - Cllr. Storey/Andy Wallace Highways Nothing from Highways
7.2 Parking on Pavements Not discussed at this point
8. CORRESPONDENCE The chair had received a letter from ALCC regarding the previous Clerk asking for copies of agendas and minutes.
9. NORMANDY CLOSE A piece of land in Normandy Close was discussed in which there was a dispute over who owns this land as there is a problem with the parking on this area and who is responsible for cutting the grass. And following a discussion the Parish Council pointed out that this area is not their responsibility as it does not belong to the Council. Cllr Jenkinson offered in the meantime to cut the grass however he would require the residents in Normandy Close to sign a letter stating that if any stones cause any damage to their property it is not his responsibility.
10. SPORTS AND SOCIAL CLUB SOLAR PANELS The Chair said that there was a problem with E-On regarding a wrong address that was given to them and he will keep the Cllrs updated on this situation.
11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND UPDATES (since last meeting) The chair said that he had sent out the latest planning application regarding Hope Lodge for change of use of land for the site for 4 caravans and a glamping site in the area and there were no objections from the Council.
12. PARISH NOTICEBOARDS – update on options The chair said he would put the notice board that Cllr Jenkinson had made outside the Village Hall, two more all-weather notice boards would be purchased for Whittington and Little London road.
13. BT PHONEBOXES– update The Parish Council wish to adopt the phone box in Northwold and have been told by the Planning Department at the County Council that it would go to planning in January. There was a discussion regarding a defibrillator for Whittington and it was agreed that various suitable areas would be investigated by Cllr Pointeer.
14. OVERHANGING TREES AND HEDGES The chair has written to the Parish magazine regarding the overhanging hedges and trees and also the problem of parking on the pavements.
15. TREES AT WHITTINGTON The chair has not been able to contact Mr Ackers
16. FINANCE & POLICIES: 16.1 Parish Council Bank Balance and reconciliation from list of payments and receipts Cllr Pointer is carrying out this job at the moment – and copies of the figures for the meetings in November and December were circulated and agreed. The Chair thanked Cllr Pointeer for his help with the Parish Accounts.
16.1 To authorise payment of outstanding invoices - cheques for signing and approval
The following cheques were approved at the meeting. Cheque Number Name Value 2069 JA Taylor £300.17 2070 Judith Taylor £139.99 2071 EON £78.80 2072 Anglian Water £15.95 17. ITEMS FOR AGENDA OF NEXT MEETING: TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 7th February 2016 AT 7:30pm. Cllr Eglington would like to discuss the dog bins at the next meeting and that a letter had been received from the Privy Council regarding the closure of the Church Yard at Whittington. The Chair said that he was about to put a notice in the local press regarding the vacancy for the new Parish Clerk and also that it had been suggested to him to approach the Clerk at Methwold to see if she would be interest in the position.
With nothing more to discuss the meeting closed at 8.30 pm
Chairman: __________________________________ Date: __________________