Village Liaison Minutes
Stoke Ferry Feed Mill
VILLAGE LIAISON MINUTES
Wednesday 23rd April 2014
Mrs. Sue Linton. (Parish Council)
Mr. Ray Thomson (Village Pump Editor)
Mr. Dick Jacklin (2Agriculture Stoke Ferry)
Mr. Keith White (2 Agriculture Stoke Ferry)
Mr. Alasdair Fitzsimons McKellar (Environment Agency)
Mrs. Jacqueline Murfitt (KLWNBC)
1. Apologies Mr. Lionel Halls. Mrs. Daphne Clements
2. Minutes of the previous meeting (22nd January 2014) and matters arising. The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed.
3. KLWNBC Mrs. Murfitt gave an update from the Councils January review.
The proposed site for new air monitoring station is at the top of the land formerly known as Self’s field, with the proviso that an electrical supply being available in that vicinity. The new station’s size resembles that of a standard telephone box.
Monies for the monitor have been allocated and the equipment supply is out for tender. The expectation is the equipment would be installed and functional during 2014. Following installation the current monitor would be relocated within the Buckenham Drive area. Data from the current monitor have shown increased particulate levels on occasions during the current year most notably during times after 10.30 pm with no definitive pattern.
4. Complaints received since the last meeting. No complaints received following the previous meeting.
5. Noise No Complaints
6. Odour Dust & Particulates No complaints
7. Transport No complaints
The general consensus from the meeting was that the oncoming traffic sign in Wretton Road appears to be working.
8. Buildings. It was noted that the murals had been removed from the Dukes Head building.
9. Any other Business
Mrs. S Linton informed the committee that the “Playing Field Committee” was holding a festival day on the 12th July 2014 and asked if the Company would consider the following items.
Cut the 2 fields adjacent to the playing field and allow one to be used as a car park, provide a raffle prize and photocopy posters for the event, these requests were agreed during the meeting.
Paint the Crowns front façade & donate to the Stoke Ferry Playing Field Trust which is in the process of raising funds to replace the play equipment. These issues will be raised with the appropriate people within 2 Agriculture.
No other business was noted.
Date of next meeting: Wednesday 23rd July 2014