Stoke Ferry Parish Annual Council Meeting
Minutes of Stoke Ferry Parish Annual Council Meeting held in The Community Centre
At 7.45pm on Wednesday 15 May 2013
1. Those Attending: Cllr J Nicholas-Letch, Cllr T Ryves, Cllr Mrs D Clements, Cllr Mrs M Leamon, Cllr Mrs J Hull, Cllr M Hand, Cllr Mrs S Lintern, Borough Councillor C Sampson, Mrs C Hardy (Clerk), 5 Members of the Public.
2. To Consider the Election of Chairman:
Cllr Nicholas-Letch asked for nominations for the position of Chairman. Cllr Mrs Hull proposed Cllr Nicholas-Letch, seconded by Cllr Hand. 6 votes for - Carried. Cllr Nicholas-Letch continued in the chair.
3. To Consider Apologies for Absence: There were no apologies for absence
4. To Consider the Election of Vice-Chairman:
Cllr Nicholas-Letch asked for nominations for the position of Vice-Chairman. Cllr Mrs Hull proposed Cllr Mrs Clements, seconded by Cllr Mrs Lintern. 6 votes for - Carried
5. To Approve/Sign the Minutes of the Council Meeting of 10 April 2013
Cllr Mrs Clements proposed acceptance of the Minutes seconded by Cllr Hand. 5 Votes for 1 Abstention - Carried
6. Matters Arising:
a) Item 10 Minutes dated 10 April - The Clerk reported that an application to register for Data Protection had been submitted, a further form had been received for completion which will be returned with the registration fee of £35.
b) Item 9 Minutes dated 10 April - A village survey is still to be arranged to take note of various problems, ie potholes, overgrown hedges, signs etc. Once this has been carried out a report will be forwarded to Highways. Cllr Hand very kindly helped with clearing the fly tipping in Furlong Drove, this is much appreciated.
c) Item 16 Minutes 10 April - Previously reported the gate at the Old Wood Yard in Bridge Road is lying on the ground, attempts to be made to locate the current owner of this land.
d) Item 16 Minutes 10 April - Cllr Nicholas-Letch reaffirmed the item not on the previous Agenda was to be discussed in private session
7. Declaration of Interest: No declarations of interest given
8. Internal Audit:
The Clerk reported this had been carried out on the 30 April. Everything was found to be in order, documentation well kept and easy to follow. A letter was sent to the Chairman confirming the audit had been carried out.
9. To Consider Adoption of Financial Regulations:
The chairman asked if everyone had read the Financial Regulations and happy with them. Cllr Mrs Clements proposed acceptance seconded by Cllr Mrs Leamon. Unanimously agreed
10. To Consider Adoption of Risk Assessment and Management:
The Chairman asked if everyone was in agreement with the Risk Assessment and Management Document. Cllr Mrs Leamon proposed acceptance seconded by Cllr Mrs Hull Unanimously agreed.
11. To Consider Adoption of Annual Governance Statement Section 2:
The Chairman asked if everyone was in agreement with the Annual Governance Statement Section 2. Cllr Mrs Leamon proposed acceptance seconded by Cllr Mrs Lintern. Unanimously agreed
12. To Consider Adoption of Annual Accounts:
The Chairman asked if everyone was happy with the End of Year Accounts. Cllr Mrs Leamon proposed acceptance seconded by Cllr Mrs Lintern. Unanimously Agreed
13. To Consider Replacement Lighting in Village:
The chairman advised a public meeting had been held to discuss this following a leaflet drop throughout the village. He was disappointed with the attendance, but advised all those present were in favour of changing the existing lights. A bid for this work has been submitted to NCC, the parish council should hear towards the end of May beginning of June if successful or not.
14. To Consider Nominations for Members on the Cemetery/Open Space Committee:
The Chairman asked for nominations from those members wishing to be on this committee. Cllrs Hand, Mrs Clements and Mrs Lintern expressed an interest. There being no further nominations it was agreed the aforementioned would form this committee plus the Chairman Cllr Nicholas-Letch
15. To Consider Nominations for Members on the Administration/Finance/Personnel Committee:
The Chairman asked for nominations from those members wishing to be on this committee. Cllrs Mrs Leamon, Mrs Clements and Mrs Hull expressed an interest. There being no further nominations it was agreed the aforementioned would form this committee plus the Chairman Cllr Nicholas-Letch.
16. Planning Applications:
Approved by the Borough
Grant of Planning Permission - Proposed rear extension and internal alterations to existing dwelling at 10 Little Lane
Supported by the Parish
First Floor extension, replacement main roof and external appearance alterations at Home Farm Wretton Road
To be Considered at a Planning Meeting
Removal of existing rear extensions and construction of a new single storey extension to dwelling at 4 Bridge Road
Conversion to create 6 new dwellings including the erection of two garages at Former Dukes Head and Premises Wretton Road
Install a new brick and upvc conservatory at 66 Wretton Road
17. Approval of Payments:
Broker Network Ltd - £524.27 - Annual Insurance Premium
CGM Ltd - £149.45 - Grounds Maintenance - April
Stoke Ferry Community Car Scheme - £45.54 - Expenses March
Mr John Cross - £20 - Contribution towards Expenses Internal Audit
Mrs C Hardy - £393.32 - Salary/Expenses - April
E-on - DD - £45.99 - Lighting - April
Westcotec Ltd - £70.55 - Lighting Maintenance - May
ICO - £35.00 - Registration Fee for Data Protection
Statement of Account as at 30 April - Balance in Bank - Community Account £866.03, Business Saver Account £22,519.75 - a total of £23,385.78
Cllr Mrs Clements proposed approval for payment seconded by Cllr Hand
H Brett & Son - Request for additional inscription on memorial - Grace Handscombe - Agreed
Email - BCKLWN advising liners for food bins available to parish councils to sell at £1.15 per roll of 50.
Email from Wretton PC regarding “Unauthorised Vehicles” sign at Lime House Drove - investigate costs
BCKLWN - Notification of Property Address change Summer Lodge Boughton Road
NorfolkALC - Living Happily in The Brecks meeting on 30 May at Weeting Village Hall
NorfolkALC - Various Training Sessions
19. To Receive Further Information/Items for Next Agenda:
The meeting was adjourned to receive further information from councillors and public. Proposed by Cllr Mrs Clements, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hull - Unanimously agreed
- Cllr Mrs Clements reported rubbish bins in Cemetery, The Hill and Bradfield Place has not been emptied - the Clerk had reported this problem on several occasions. She has been informed that a letter is to be sent out to parishes relating to rubbish collection. The situation will be monitored in the meantime.
- SNAP Meeting this evening - Cllr Mrs Clements has asked that Stoke Ferry be considered as a priority because of the various problems taking place at the moment, ie burglaries etc.
- Cllr Mrs Clements briefly reported on the recent Village Liaison Meeting at 2 Agriculture (new name for Vion) - 3 complaints received, apologised for rubbish that had blown around, gates in Furlong Drove should now be closed at night, lorry drivers informed to lock inner compartments when travelling unloaded.
- Cllr Hand reported the Style at the end of Furlong Drove is rotten - the Clerk will report
- Cllr Hand reported shrubs growing over the footpath from properties in Boughton Road - the Clerk will write to owners of properties concerned
- A member of the public said it is a disgrace if the Borough Council are not emptying rubbish bins in the village every week, which appears to be happening since the recent changeover.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.10pm
20. Date and Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 12 June 2013 at 7.30pm
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND
THESE ARE DRAFT MINUTES AND WILL BE AGREED AT THE NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING