Northwold Parish Council Meeting
MINUTES OF NORTHWOLD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD AT THE VILLAGE HALL TUESDAY JULY 5TH 2011
Present: Mrs R Crisp, Mr D George, Mrs V Lynch, Mr M Peake, Miss A Muir, Mrs S Bury, Mr F Eglington, Mrs S Jackson, Mr A Collins.
8 members of the public (5 left the meeting following the Open Forum)
It was agreed to hold the Open Forum prior to the beginning of the meeting to allow those attending the meeting to leave early should they wish. The Archdeacon for Ely Diocese spoke regarding future provision of burial space in Whittington. Whittington Churchyard has space for only two more graves and an application has been made for the Churchyard to be closed. Northwold Parish Council has been asked to provide burial space in Whittington by creating a Cemetery on part of the present Playing Field. The suggested site would be approximately one third of an acre of ground and should provide burial space in Whittington for at least the next 30 years. It was decided the residents of Whittington should be consulted regarding the future use of the Playing Field and a site meeting will be arranged to consider available space.
The River Authority will be informed that a tree needs removing from the river at Northwold.
Concern was raised regarding road signage and the preferred route to Methwold!
1. No Apologies for absence
2. Declarations of Interest made Mrs S Jackson declared an interest in item 9.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 07/06/11 were agreed as a true record.
4. Matters Arising from previous meetings • The planned new notice board has been erected at Whittington. • The grass at the roundabout at Whittington has been cut. • Royal Mail is insistent that the post box at Little London will not be re-instated and the Delivery Manager has stated that post can be given directly to the post man. • The Charities responsible for the allotments will contact allotment holders regarding the cost of installing water at the allotments. • A site meeting is to be held on July 11th at Northwold Playing Field regarding the chafer bug problem and possible treatment.
5. Reports 5.1 Chairman’s Report • The Chairman and Mrs Lynch judged the annual Parish Council sponsored competition at Northwold Primary School. The work will be displayed at the village history day. • Further dog fouling signs are available for display around the village. It appears the problems with dog mess around the village have alleviated since signs have been erected. A further ‘No Dogs’ sign will be purchased to be positioned at the second entrance to the Playing Field. • A complaint has been received regarding brambles growing through a fence in the High Street. • A slat on the slide at the Playing Field is broken and will be repaired. • The gate to the play equipment at the Playing Field has been damaged but appears to need no further attention at present. Mr. D George offered to monitor the condition of the gate. Mr. George and the Clerk are to attend a course relating to the inspection of play equipment. The annual inspection of the play equipment has been undertaken and the report is awaited. • Northwold Tennis Club is clearing the Playing Field and will remove the broken cricket score board.
5.2 Clerk’s Report • Methwold Parish Council has arranged a training session for Councillors to be held on July 26th at St. George’s Hall, Methwold. Members of other Local Councils have been invited. Six members of Northwold Parish Council indicated an interest in attending the session.
5.3 Report from CAN • Sue Bury and Sharron Freemnatle have attended a seminar regarding community enterprise and it is now intended to hold a public meeting to gauge support for a community shop in Northwold. It is hoped Baroness Gillian Shepherd will host the meeting and a member from the Ryburgh Community Shop Enterprise will attend.
5.4 Manor House Update • Rumours are that Manor House is to be sold. Mr Mick Peake will make enquiries with the Pam Lynn, Conservation Officer for the Borough Council of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk.
OPEN FORUM Concern has been raised regrading the overgrown state of the untendered Parish Council allotment. Mr Adrian Jenkinson offered to keep the grass cut on the allotment if the perspective tenant no longer wishes to take on the plot. Mr Jenkinson was thanked for this offer and for allowing use of his allotment as a car park when needed.
6. The following payments were agreed:
MHB Services (street lighting maintenance)