River Wissey Lovell Fuller

Home Services

February 2011

Some helpful hints for the housebound on how to get help.

If you are housebound or hove restricted mobility, it can be hard to access the services you need. It is useful to know that some services offer a home visiting option in this situation

Opticians - If you need an eye test, you can arrange to have an eye test at home.

* If you are over 60, on certain benefits, have Glaucoma or are related to someone with Glaucoma, are registered blind or partially sighted you should

qualify for a free NHS home sight test through Healthcall.

To find out more 0800 0890155.

* The Outside Clinic is a national organisation that will arrange for a local optician to visit you at home. The eye test is free of charge but you will have to pay for any spectacles. Contact free phone 0800 0757700.

Hearing Support - Norfolk Deaf Association will visit hearing aid users in their own homes to offer advice, support and basic maintenance of hearing aids. Contact 01603 404440

or e-mail nda@norfolkdeaf.org.uk.


* If you live in West Norfolk you can contact the Community Dental Service on 01553 668676.

* Or you can try your own dental practice.

Foot care - The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists will help you find a registered Chiropodist or Podiatrist in your area to visit you at home. Contact them on 0207 234 8620 or visit www.feetforlife.org.

Handyperson Service - The Norfolk Handyperson Service is a countywide service which undertakes small jobs in the homes of vulnerable people and is provided by Norfolk Home

Improvement Agencies. There may be local variation in the details of the service.

Contact: Breckland, King's Lynn and West Norfolk 01553 616371

Home safety - For a free fire safety and smoke alarm check call 0800 9178137.

Age UK

Copyright remains with independent content providers where specified, including but not limited to Village Pump contributors. All rights reserved.