MINUTES OF WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minuites of the September Meeting of Wretton Parish Council
MINUTES OF WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD AT THE CHURCH
TUESDAY 8th SEPTEMBER 2009
Cllr M Peake - Vice-Chairman, Cllr A Box, Cllr L Peake, Cllr S Briston, Cllr. M Mansell, Cllr B Glover.
Borough Councillor Mr. C Sampson
PCSO Sara Clipperton
4 members of the public
* Comment was made that moving the open session to before the meeting will not allow the public to comment on matters discussed at the meeting. One member of the public also felt the open session should not be limited to fifteen minutes. Further comments will be sought from parishioners regarding whether Open Session should be held at the beginning or end of Parish Council meetings.
* Odour has been reporting recently around the Old Red Lion and it is possible a bad smell could be emanating from the nearby dyke. Anglianwater were made aware of the odour by a parishioner reporting the problem on line and the foul water system has been checked. There was no problem with the sewerage system at the time it was checked by Anglianwater and it was felt the odour was possibly coming from run off into the dyke. Environmental Health should investigate the possible contamination of the dyke along Fen Road. The Environmental Agency has been contacted in the past about possible contamination of the dyke by sewerage.
Residents are being encouraged to record any smell nuisance to The Borough Council Environmental Team (Claire Hanna) and Anglianwater. Log sheets can be supplied by BCKLWN to individuals to monitor smell.
It was concluded there could be two separate issues relating to odour problems in the village - the sewerage system and contamination of surface water.
* Police Community support worker Sara Clipperton is the Parish Liaison Officer and she gave the following report of crime in Wretton parish over the previous four week period:
2 crimes (criminal damage/ burglary)
Reports of 2 bogus callers (members of the public were asked to note descriptions of suspicious people in the area)
Members of the public reported incidents concerning mopeds along Church Road and they were encouraged to report incidents as they occur and note vehicle index numbers if possible.
* There remains an ongoing issue relating to the ownership of Lime House Drove and whether vehicles should use the drove.
* New signs stating 'No Parking on the Green' have been purchased and will be erected.
1. Apologies for Absence accepted from:
Cllr D Llewellyn, Cllr S Briston, County Councillor Mr. A White.
2. No Declarations of Interest made.
3. The Minutes of the meeting held on 14/07/09 were agreed as a true record.
4. Matters Arising:
The Parish Council is still to produce a newsletter which will give details of who to contact regarding problems with the sewerage system. The newsletter will also ask for names of parishioners who would wish to rent an allotment should any be made available.
5. Chairman's Report:
Much discussion had already taken place during open session regarding the sewerage system. Notes from the meetings of the working party formed to look into matters relating to the sewerage were made available to Councillors. It was agreed the Parish Council will try to set a date for a public meeting so the sewerage system can be discussed further.
* It was suggested posts could be erected around the Green to stop vehicles parking on the Green. Cllr. L. Peake offered to supply posts. Highways will be approached to check whether it is acceptable to locate wooden posts adjacent to the road.
* The external auditors have requested clarification as to how reserve money held by the Parish Council is allocated.
6. Accounts were presented and accepted for payment.
Cheques for approval of payment
Clerk's wages/expenses (July/Aug.) £109.58
MHB Services x2 £31.80
MHB Services (replacement light) £212.75
Norfolk ALC (attendance at meeting) £10.00
Apex Signs £97.75
Finance - @ August 28th 2009
Community Account £648.04
Business Premium Account £685.63
Business Reserve Account £4395.82
Business Premium Reserve Account £12247.43
1. NALC AGM Report
2. Norfolk Link etc.
3. Nominations form for the Mayor's Civic Award for Voluntary Service (Cllr. Sampson encouraged those present to consider nominating individuals for this award. He also stated the Mayor is keen to attend local events).
No planning applications received.
9. Other Reports/items for the next agenda - for information only:
9.1 Vehicles speeding through the village are still considered to be a problem. The Clerk and Stoke Ferry Parish Council Clerk have contacted Norfolk County Council about the possibility of lower speed limits in the area but this request is unlikely to be considered further.
9.2 Complaints were received that a fence has been erected at Wiles Drove and this has appeared to narrow the width of the bridleway. The Rights of Way Officer will be approached to clarify whether there is a specified width for this path.
9.3 Hedges along the West Dereham Road are in need of trimming back.