MINUTES OF WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes of the January meeting of Wretton Parish Council
Present: Cllr D Llewellyn - Chairman,
Cllr M Peake, Cllr A Box, Cllr L Peake, Cllr S Briston, Cllr. M Mansell.
5 members of the public
1. Apologies for Absence accepted from:
Cllr B Glover, Borough Councillor Mr. C Sampson.
2. No Declarations of Interest made.
3. The Minutes of the meeting held on 11/11/09 were agreed as a true record.
4. Matters Arising:
* The Borough Council wish to see the telephone box in Wretton retained as a working box. Further information is awaited.
* There has been further correspondence received form Mr. Alan Jacobs regarding the sewerage system in the village. Councillors were verbally informed of the content of the correspondence. The Parish Council, as a body, has acted to assist with trying to reach a satisfactory outcome to problems reported with the sewerage system. Most recently the Chairman met with a representative from Anglian Water to discuss the discharge of effluent that had taken place in November and how the problem had been alleviated. At present Anglian Water is monitoring levels of Hydrogen Sulphide in the system and has noted that there appears to be a significant change of gas volume outside the hours the sewerage system pump is operating.
* A design and price for a sign stating "No Vehicles on the Green" has been obtained. A revised quote will be sought for a smaller sign.
5. Chairman's Report:
The Chairman had nothing further to report.
The Clerk attended the Safer Neighbourhood Team meeting for the Watlington Area. The Team were to be targeting mini motorcyclists in the Stoke Ferry area and thus were happy to also ride around Wretton parish. Concerns regarding speeding vehicles through the village and parked cars were passed to them.
6. Accounts were presented and accepted for payment.
Cheques for approval of payment
Clerk's wages/expenses (Nov./Dec. inc. stamps £122.30
MHB Services x2 £32.80
External Audit £57.50
SLCC subs £35.00
Finance - @ December 31st 2008
Community Account 2394.69
Business Premium Account 1685.01
Business Reserve Account 819.23
Business Premium Reserve Account 12211.17
6.1 Discussion took place regarding the replacement of the Parish Council notice board located by the phone box. It was decided to obtain a quote to replace this with a board identical to the one at the bus shelter.
6.2 The Clerk has been trying to discover a firm that will paint the face of the Church clock. So far she has been unsuccessful.
6.3 The street light on the electricity pole on the Green was removed when the pole was replaced. The light was said to be unsafe and therefore was not re-erected. However, it is felt the light was broken during the pole replacement and thus the light should be replaced by those responsible for changing the pole. If the Parish Council replace the light it will cost £185. The electricity company will be contacted requesting that they arrange replacement of the light.
1. Norfolk Matters - copy for Councillors
2. Norfolk Link - copied to Councillors
3. NALC Business Plan - copy for Councillors
4. Assistive Technology Service and Norfolk Teleshopping Service leaflets
5. West Norfolk Advice Wise booklet 2008/09
6. Norfolk Police Authority Open Meeting - NPA Budget 2009/10 Thursday 29th January @ 7.00pm - Jubilee House, Wymondham
7. Funding Opportunities
8. The Playing Field Newsletter
9. Council meeting agenda 27/11/08
10. Standards Committee - Panel Hearing
11. Review of the East of England Plan
12. Norfolk Gritting Routes leaflet
No planning applications received.
9. It was agreed to adopt the Freedom of Information New Model Publication Scheme.
Information about this will be added to Wretton Parish Council website.
10. Other Reports/items for the next agenda - for information only:
10.1 The Wretton name plate sign has been pulled up and thrown in the dyke. This will need to be re-instated.
10.2 Complaints have been received that the dust cart reverses around the corner of the road adjacent to the play area causing erosion of the verge.
10.3 Mud on the roads was reported as being a problem as it is often not cleaned off the road as it should be. Chequers Road in particular has been in a poor state recently. In future years the Parish Council will attempt to be pro-active regarding this matter before the start of the sugar beet campaign. Complaints will be passed to Highways.
* Much discussion took place regarding vehicles not being permitted on the Green. Vehicles are legally not permitted on a recreational space and the Parish Council is obliged to respect the law. A written complaint was received regarding a go-cart being driven on the Green and the Parish Council responded to the complaint.
* The pit on the Green was referred to as an eyesore. It is hoped the Parish Council can enhance the appearance of this area in due course.
* It was reported that there is a hole on the Green behind the electricity pole that needs infilling.
Chairman's Signature............................................. Date...............