Minutes of Wereham Parish meeting
Minutes of the Wereham Parish meeting
Minutes of the Wereham Parish Meeting held on Tuesday 13th May 2008 at 7p.m. in the Village Hall.
1. Present; R. Lankfer - Chairman, Mrs. Willis, D. Pickston, P. Norris, P. Markwell together with 5 members of the public.
2. Apologies: G. Gott and C. Humphries
3. Minutes: It was agreed that the Minutes of the 2007 Parish Meeting be agreed as a correct record.
4. Matters Arising: It was confirmed that it was impractical to amalgamate the Parish Council and Village Hall Insurances. The County Council have erected posts on the area of land at the junction of Church Road and the A 134 as requested, to prevent parking on the grass.
5. Chairman's Report: R. Lankfer said he felt it was a sad year for the Village - losing the Post Office then the Shop, the Public House being for sale and the possibility of losing the telephone box.
6. Village Hall Report: Mr. Eastgate presented the accounts, which were self explanatory and satisfactory - indicating that the outgoings exceeded the income by £225.00. The largest single expenditure was the electricity account but this was in part due to a 'catch up' from the previous year. Albeit there is a Bank balance of £2015. 67 there is insufficient money to carry out any major works.
7. Matters Raised by the Public: A Youth Club organiser stated they needed adult volunteers to assist with the administration - the age group of the Club is 8 to 15 years. Mr. Pickston suggested that consideration might be given to some financial help - this to be dealt with at a Parish Council meeting. Wereham Wildlife requested help in finding an area of land for their tree planting project also the spokesman offered to show the Parish Councillors a video of what they aim to achieve - this offer was not taken up at this time.
The meeting closed at 7.25 p.m.