New Potato Salad
Another mout-watering recipe from the resident chef
450g / 1 lb new potatoes
A little boiling water
1 very small onion
1 tablespoon salad cream or mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar (try dark cane sugar)
1. Scrub potatoes and put them in a pan with a good lid. Add a very little boiling water. Bring to the boil and turn heat to very low. Simmer and steam potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes until done but still firm. Drain and cool.
2. Meanwhile, chop onion very small and put in a serving bowl with the salad cream and milk.
3. Add sugar. Season with a very little salt and freshly grated black pepper.
4. Stir in as much chopped mint as you can spare and a little chopped parsley.
5. Cut potatoes into quarters or thick rings and mix them into the dressing until the pieces are nicely coated with dressing
The Village kitchen