West Dereham Parish Council
Minutes of the Janaury meeting of West Dereham Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting of the West Dereham Parish Council held on Thursday 10th January 2008 in The Village Hall at 8.00 p.m.
1. Present: Miss Richardson - Chairperson, B. Glover, M. Grief, Mrs. Cann, R. Drew, Mrs. Berry, I. Manley- Borough Councillor together with 3 members of the public.
2. Apologies: Mrs. Fisher
3. Minutes: It was agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 13th December 2007 be signed as a correct record.
4. Matters Arising: No date has yet been received for the public meeting concerning Station Road. Miss Richardson confirmed that she has sawn the broken branch from the tree in the area near the telephone box in Station Road. A reply from N.C.C. confirmed that Passing Bay signs have been ordered and will he erected during January 2008 for the passing bays in Station Road and that the County cannot agree to Bath Road and Lime Kiln Road being made into a one system. The matter of the Web site will be discussed at a later meeting. The quotations for the connection of water to the Cemetery have been handed to the Millennium Trustees who have not yet had a meeting. It is also confirmed that the possible ongoing costs of the water supply could be about 147.14p per cubic metre and that a reasonable quantity might well be about 75 Cu. Meters.
5. Planning: None
6. Payments: None
7. Precept: It was proposed by Mrs. Berry and seconded by B. Glover that the precept be £2000. 00 - unanimously agreed.
8. Audit: Everything is in order with the exception of the Cricket Club Bank account which must be stated is not held in Trust.
9. Correspondence: Norfolk Matters: W.N.B.C. - Sports Directory : N.C.C. -Gritting Routes: - all noted!
10 Any Other Business: The Village Sign from the Church end of the Village is in the process of being re-painted. There are pot holes - St. Andrews Walk / Lime Kiln Road junction: centre of Stocks Bridge: junction of Wereham Road / Church Road and Wereham Road. Cars parked on both sides of Hilgay Road towards the junction with Church Road are causing problems to other road users as two vehicles are unable to pass each other. T. Manley confirmed that the Boundary Commission is waiting for their terms of reference before any further news regarding Unitary Authority status can be made public. Mrs. Berry gave a report on the Rave / Party held at the Village Hall.
The meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.