Wereham Parish Council Meeting Minutes
Minutes of the January meeting of Wretton Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting of the Wereham Parish Council
held on Tuesday 8th January 2008 in the Village Hall at 7.30 p.m.
1. Present:R. Lankfer Chairman, C. Humphries, P. Norris, P. Markwell, D. Pickston together with 3 members of the public.
2. Apologies: G. Gott and C. Sampson - Borough Councillor.
3. Minutes: It was proposed by P. Markwell and seconded by D. Pickston that the Minutes of the meeting held on 13th November 2007 be signed as a correct record.
4. Matters Arising: A quote is still awaited for the manufacture of a dustbin. The hedge in Stoke Road still needs trimming and the footpaths from Crown Gardens to Auto Salvage and Hill House to Village Hall still await attention.
5. Planning: R. Harrington - Side entrance to existing garage at Hill House - approved
T. Hewitt - Const. of 4 dwellings on land south of the Manor - Refused.
6. Payments: C.G.M. Ltd - £592. 46 : Pearce and Kemp £204. 87 - proposed D. Pickston and seconded P. Norris pass for payment.
7. Precept: It was proposed by R. Lankfer and seconded by C. Humphries that £3460. 00 be the precept for the year 2008/9 - unanimously agreed.
8. Correspondence: Norfolk Matters: Signpost: Norfolk Link : Norfolk Accident Rescue Service: N.C.A.P.& T. Councils - Website (www.ncaptc.gov.uk): W.N.B.C. Funding Opportunities : N.C.C. gritting Routes - all noted. Lewis Landscaping Services - clerk to reply that we have a Contract for a further two years - so please contact us again then. A letter from Chris Miller asked for support for a Skate Park in the Playing Field - there were 4 members against and 1 abstention - the clerk was instructed to write and point out that it is not the actual Skate Park that they are against but the on going costs once and if the Skate Park ever came into fruition.
9. Audit: The Annual Audit has been completed and every thing is in order.
10. Any Other Business: The Goal Post has now been removed from the Playing Field and at present is being stored by R. Lankfer. C. Humphries volunteered to contact Mrs. Koopowitz regarding the details of the Grants which helped pay for the equipment - when this information is to hand decisions will be made as to what to do with the goal post. The foot path on the right hand side of the Row towards Queens Close is breaking up. The Street Light outside the bungalows in Queens Close is constantly on, the Street Light on The Hill is constantly on and the one outside The Springs in Flegg Green is hidden in the hedge. The hedge along The Springs is now very overgrown and needs immediate attention. Clerk to contact Wicksteds and ask if they have a cure for the slippery safety surface. Letter to be sent to the appropriate Authority to ascertain if a weight limit can be placed on Flegg Green. There is a sunken trench in Flegg Green - village side of Orchardleigh. A kerb outside the new house no. 4 in Church Road has crumbled. A member of the public suggested that Mr & Mrs. Pickston be congratulated on their tandem ride around Norfolk boundary - proceeds to Wereham Wildlife Trust.
The meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.