Boughton Church Window Gary Trouton

Stoke Ferry Parish Council

February 2008

Minutes of the January meeting of Stoke Ferry Parish Council


Minutes of Stoke Ferry Parish Council Meeting held in the Community Centre

At 7.30pm on Wednesday 16 January 2008

1. Those Attending: Cllr M Ferrie (Chairman), Cllr Mrs T Mann (Vice-Chair), Cllr M Mycock, Cllr D Summers, Cllr Mrs S Lansdell-Williams, Cllr Mrs R Mendoza, Cllr M Precey, Cllr Mrs M Leamon, Borough Councillor C Sampson and Mrs C Hardy (Clerk), 13 members of the public.

2. Apologies: Were received from County Councillor T White, Cllr J Nicholas-Letch and PCSO Bunting.

3. Minutes of Last Meeting: Cllr Mrs Mendoza proposed that the Minutes be accepted seconded by Cllr Mrs Mann.

4. Matters Arising:

a) Highways Issues - Speed Limits - Cllr Mrs Lansdell-Williams' meeting with Mr Graham Simpson, Highways had been constructive. It had been agreed that a Pedestrian Warning Sign would be installed on the blind bend along School Lane.

b) Wells Homes Lynn Road Site - the site is now being cleared of all debris, the dangerous burnt out cottage is also being taken down.

c) Litter Bin at Corner Shop - not being emptied on a regular basis, resident in nearby property is emptying the bin. The Clerk to write to the shopkeeper requesting the bin be emptied frequently.

d) Drainage Works Wretton Road - Highways have carried out a drainage survey and arranged for the drains to be jetted. The Clerk to enquire of Highways whether this has been carried out yet.

e) Furlong House Furlong Road - new entrance - Development Services have advised planning permission was not required as the road is not a trunk road or a classified road.

f) CAG Meetings - the Chairman reminded the meeting that the next meeting will be on Tuesday 29 January 2008 at Middleton Village Hall at 7.00pm. Cllr Summers will be attending.

g) The Hill - the Chairman to have talks with Cllr Nicholas-Letch on this subject.

h) The Cemetery - in the absence of Cllr Nicholas-Letch this will be discussed at next meeting.

i) Speeding - Still a problem throughout the village. The Clerk to inform PCSO Bunting and also to enquire whether the speed check that was carried was a one off or will be an ongoing operation.

j) Wretton Road Numbering - Cllr Mann informed the meeting that funding had been approved for this project, consultation letters will now be prepared and be sent to all residents in Wretton Road. Cllr Mann and the Clerk will meet to set this up. Cuckoo Lane request has been put on hold for the time being.

k) Buckenham Drive potholes near Grampians entrance have not yet been repaired should be done when the major works are carried out.

l) LAG Meetings - Cllr Summers reported he and Cllr Mrs Mendoza had attended the meeting on Friday 11 January, it was felt beneficial to attend these meeting.

m) Clothing Bank at School - Cllr Mrs Mendoza informed the meeting this would be discussed at the Governors Meeting next week

n) Post Office - Cllr Mrs Lansdell-Williams had forwarded a report supporting the post office to the Borough Council

o) Conifers in Lay-by along Lynn Road have now been cleared away

p) Cars Parking on Footpath at Village Hall - visitors are reminded at every event also checks are made and car number plates given out if cars seen parking on footpath.

q) Garden of Remembrance - the Clerk had now received costings from Cllr Nicholas-Letch, these will be included in the amended budget.

5. The Playing Fields - Grass Cutting

Cllr Precey outlined the problems that had occurred during last season and the reason CGM pulled out of the contract. The Playing Fields Association will not be submitting a quotation for next year. One quotation had been received in the sum of £1650. Cllr Precey made contact with CGM, they are willing to continue under the terms of the original contract, special/extra functions will be taken into consideration, any liaison required will be between CGM and Cllr Precey. It was agreed to accept their offer.

6. Care Home

Cllr Mrs Mann gave a brief resume of the meeting which had been held between Parish Councillors, Borough Councillor and the Anti-Social Behaviour Co-ordinator from the Borough Council who is organising various meetings and discussions. Following this a further meeting will be organised to discuss the way forward.

7. Light Pollution Guidance

The Chairman gave a brief outline of notes and standard clause received from the Campaign to Protect Rural England, no action to be taken.

8 Budget

Following discussion it was unanimously agreed that a Precept of £6980 should be requested for the financial year 2008/2009.

9. Annual Audit

The Clerk reported the Annual Audit had been successfully completed by the Audit Commission

10. Planning:

Grant of Planning Permission

Cllr Mrs Mann declared an interest in the first item.

Royal Pizza and Kebabs Lynn Road: Change redundant half of shop unit to accommodation

Construction of bungalow and garage at land West of Jafrene Wretton Road

Construction of dwelling, garaging and workshop at Plot 6 The Hollow, Furlong Road

Approved by Parish

Conversion and extension of existing store/workshop to dwelling at Eggetts Workshop adjacent Maltese House Lynn Road

Construction of two dwellings and cartshed garaging at Plots 3 & 4 The Hollow Furlong Road

Change of use from storage barn to dwelling including alterations (renewal) at Home Farm Wretton Road

Construction of dwelling and detached studio/garage Plot 2 The Hollow Furlong Road

Construction of dwelling and retrospective consent for double garage Plot 1 The Hollow Furlong Road

11. Accounts for Approval

Direct Debit payment x 2 to e-on Energy £39.40 each - Lighting November and December

MHB Services Ltd - £65.78 - Lighting Maintenance December/January

James Bradfield School - £12.15 - Hire of Hall - December

Cllr Mrs Mann proposed approval for payment seconded by Cllr Precey

Statement of Account as at 31 December 2007 - Total Receipts from 1 April £10,766.51, Payments £7,201.77, Balance in Bank £3,564.74.

12 Correspondence:

Mott MacDonald - advising works on additional Bus Stops will commence on 7 January 2008. Cllr Summers advised the meeting works would now be starting on Monday 21 January.

Norfolk County Council - advising works to lower kerbs and resurfacing in Buckenham Drive will commence on 7 January 2008. Cllr Mrs Leamon to monitor and report any problems,

Norfolk Accident Rescue Service - thanking the PC for their donation

BCKLWN - Norfolk Structure Plan and Borough Wide Local Plan Saved Policies

Norfolk Police Authority - advising date of open meeting to discuss 2008/09 budget

13. Councillors Other Business:

Cllr Summers raised the question - whilst major works are taking place in Buckenham Drive can work be included to provide designated parking spaces for residents of bungalows 1-4 opposite the Fish Shop. Also the Hammerhead at the end of Buckenham Drive be widened. Borough Councillor Sampson agreed to arrange meetings with the various bodies to get something sorted out in these two areas.

The Chairman asked the meeting whether there had been any problems with rubbish on The Common recently. Also whether planning applications were getting round in the allotted 21 days. The Clerk reported at the moment there are no problems

Cllr Mycock asked when the potholes in Lynn Road are to be repaired. The Clerk to chase this up with Highways. The hedge down near The Common has been cut, this to be investigated.

Hedge from property at end of Little Lane opposite garage growing over the road . The Clerk to investigate.

Cllr Mrs Mann gave a brief report on the Village Liaison Meeting held that afternoon - there had been three complaints since last meeting of noise and deposits on cars. A tonal noise "humming" is being sorted out. No news on the Millers Arms. Dust Particle Monitoring over last five months, no problems found.

CCTV Camera - it was felt the footage from this should be checked regularly. The Chairman to inform the Clerk who to contact

The question was asked as to whether JNL had taken on too much, had not attended last two meetings. The Chairman will be speaking to him.

Barrier at end of Oxborough Road leading to A134 bypass has been broken - to be reported to Highways.

Cllr Summers requested a "no through road" sign be erected at the junction of Bridge Road/Oxborough Road to prevent large lorries taking a wrong route. The Clerk to contact the Borough Council

14. Public Other Business

The footpath from Boughton Road to Furlong Drove had a padlocked gate at the Boughton Road end, the Clerk to investigate whether this is a Public Footpath.

Could neighbour of care home be given copy of notes of meeting, it was agreed.

A request for a note to be placed in The Village Pump regarding food scraps being thrown on land at rear of Border Road bungalows, encouraging rats. This was agreed

Pavement from The Hill along Wretton Road in bad state of repair. The Clerk to report to Highways

7.5T signs - no sign on road from Flegg Green to Wretton. This is outside the parish of Stoke Ferry. Borough Cllr Sampson will take up this matter.

The Hill - The land is not registered with Land Registry, what are PC expecting to achieve. The Chairman advised the meeting the aim was to find out once and for all who did own this piece of land. The Chaiman will be in contact with Cllr Nicholad-Letch. (see any other business item g)

Buckenham Drive - are speed humps being installed. No humps in plans. The post box needs painting and notice of collection times needs replacing. The Clerk to contact Royal Mail.

Dog Fouling - Borough Councillor Sampson advised the meeting that new rules will be issued shortly. There should be waste bins strategically place.

Surveying being done in Bridge Road - the Chairman advised we would be notified in due course what it is for

The Clerk raised two matters - Mrs Bond had been unable to make contact with JNL regarding planting a tree in The Cemetery - see minutes of 5 December. Cllr Mycock agreed to speak to her and arrange suitable position.

The Borough Council had suggested that the two properties on Lynn Road at the entrance to the new cul-de-sac, The Pines, should be incorporated within The Pines numbering. It was unanimously agreed that these two properties should remain as now.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.30pm

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 20 February 2008 commencing at 7.30pm.

Parish Clerk

Copyright remains with independent content providers where specified, including but not limited to Village Pump contributors. All rights reserved.