West Dereham Parish Council Minutes
Minutes of the November meeting of West Dereham PC
Minutes of the meeting of West Dereham Parish Council held
On Thursday 8th November 2007 in the Village Hall at 8.00 p.m.
1. Present: Mrs. Fisher - Vice chairperson, Mrs. Cann, Mrs. Berry, R. Drew, M. Grief, R. Rockcliffe: County Councillor, T. Manley: Borough Councillor plus six members of the public.
2. Apologies: Miss Richardson and B. Glover
3. Minutes: It was agreed that the Minutes of the meeting held on 11th October 2007 be signed as a correct record.
4. Matters Arising: The County Council have written and confirmed that they are not prepared to make arrangement to implement a 20 m.p.h. speed limit on Station Road as the road is considered unsuitable for that speed limit. Norfolk Police Inspector - Insp. Moulton has replied and confirmed that he will attend a meeting with Mr. Eastgate - N,C.C. and Mr. Fraser M.P. - this meeting is going to take place early in January 2008. Water supply to the Cemetery - the clerk is to obtain a written quotation for the Millennium Trustees for the supply of pipe, excavation and laying of same and Anglian Water before they will make a decision as to whether the project should go ahead.
5. Planning Application: S. Hart, Station Road - 2 storey extension and alterations to dwelling - recommend approval.
6. Payments: Royal British Legion - £33. 00 - proposed M. Grief seconded R. Drew pass for payment.
7. Correspondence: Norfolk County Constabulary - dates of Mobile time table. N.C.C. landowners names of fields adjacent to public footpaths - B. Glover to be asked to assist. Queen Elizabeth Hospital trying for NHS Foundation Trust - the Councillors are obtaining their own copies from the Web.
8. Any Other Business: The footpath sign between Knapp House and the Old Chequers is missing and the sign - Village Hall to The Row - is propped at the rear of the Village Hall Mr. Rockcliffe volunteered to get these re-erected. A thank you was received from Glazewing for the Parish Council's effort to persuade children not to play on the road. Thanks were expressed to Glazewing for the speed with which they emptied the Can Bank and the painting there on of the requested words. A member of the public asked if a bottle bank could be installed and Mr. Manley volunteered the appropriate telephone number and Mrs. Fisher stated she would contact the necessary department of the Borough Council. There are pot holes in Station Road, West Dereham Road and Lime Kiln Road - clerk to contact the County Council.
The meeting closed at 8.40 p.m.