WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL
A report on the Wereham parish Council meeting
The September meeting of Wretton Parish Council was held in the Church with Councillors D Llewellyn, M Peake, L Peake, S Briston, A Box and nine members of the public present.
Items discussed included:
* Overgrown footpaths and hedges around the parish. This will be reported again to the Highway Technician for the area, along with other concerns. It was suggested Mr Sampson, our Borough councillor, should be asked to assist with requesting a review of speed limits around the parish.
* Wretton Historical Organisation has received an Awards for All grant to hold a Living History Day in the village in the spring.
* The Play Equipment Inspection Report has been acted on and a five a side goal for the Green is being considered.
* The Parish Council passed a resolution to accept the Model Code of Conduct for Members including paragraph 12(2).
* Planning issues raised led to a discussion relating to the Local Development Framework. It seems the Local Development Framework will favour infill development in small villages rather than any large development.
* The village sign has been erected and hopefully an official unveiling will take place.
* Much discussion took place again relating to Wretton sewerage system. The Borough Council Environmental Nuisance Team has been asked to investigate odour problems and the clerk has been asked to contact Borough Councillor, Mr Sampson, County Councillor, Mr White and MP Christopher Fraser concerning this matter.
* The Council thanked the local resident who empties the rubbish bin on the Green. Another bin for the Green may be provided in due course.