West dereham parish Council Minutes
Minutes of the July Meeting of West Dereham Parish Council
Minutes of the West Dereham Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 12th July 2007 in The Village Hall at 8.00 p.m.
1. Present: Miss Richardson Chairperson, B. Glover, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Berry, R. Drew, Mrs. Cann together with 7 members of the public.
2. Apologies: M. Grief and T. Manley
3. Minutes: It was proposed by Mrs Cann & seconded by Mrs. Fisher that the Minutes of the meetings held on 31st May 2007 be signed as correct records and it was proposed by Miss Richardson and seconded by R. Drew that the Allotment meeting minutes be signed as a correct record.
4. Matters Arising: Water connection to the Cemetery and Allotments is still being pursued. Vandalism is continuing in the Village and Miss Richardson asked that all incidents be reported to the Police so that the statistics can be undated. Mrs Cann is organising the 'Web' -~ cost likely to be £29.00 per year plus cost of name £9.97. The Footpaths officer has agreed to cut the Allotment hedge and the wild life has been frightened off. The footpath / bridleway map is being replaced and one sited opposite the old Chequers and another outside the Village Hall.
5. Planning: T. Jackson Placing of static caravan at Woodstock, Wereham - recommend approval. B.S.C. plc Cornerways Farm - Conditioning & storage of topsoil in windrow and construction of screening embankment - recommend approval. A letter has been received from Planning UK (East Anglian) reference the site of the Community Centre -the owners would like to build some 2 bed units - after a discussion it was agreed this is not what is needed at this site and the clerk was instructed reply stating this and to ask for the site to be tidied.
Payments: E-On Energy £38.88 : C.G.M. Ltd £696.56 : Thos. B. Bonnett £6.33 -proposed Mrs. Cann & seconded R. Drew pass for payment
6. Correspondence: Norfolk Link : Your Council : B.T - cable has now been buried N.C.C. - work at Stocks bridge has been completed : W.N.B.C. notification of house name - Flint Knappers, The Row : Mott MacDonald - A134 / Tottenhill to Thetford Route Improvements : W.N.B.C. Canvassers required for annual update of electors - all noted.
7. Any Other Business: The old hedge line in the Cemetery has been removed, area levelled and seeded -~ work done by R. Drew, B. Glover and T. Glover at no cost to the Council. Mrs. Fisher attended at meeting at King's Lynn organised by N.R.C.C. regarding a Parish Plan - should any members of the public be interested in preparing a plan they could contact the Chairperson or Clerk of the Parish Council and the matter could be progressed. The footpath on the corner of Church Road near the old White Horse needs cutting. Tyres have been dumped in the gateway in Lime Kiln Road & in Bath Road. There are pot holes which need attention in Hilgay Road near the new houses, also outside The Hollies in Station Road, outside the Old Forge in Hilgay Road - where debris has been left from the previous work and outside Abbey View where the passing bay meets the road - clerk to contact the County Council.
The question of Glazewing Ltd and Station Road was raised and it was confirmed that the hoped for route from Station Road to College Road is not now likely to happen but the Company is actively looking at another possible route. The Chairperson volunteered to contact the County Councillor again and check what if any progress has been made from the County angle. If private cars are speeding in Station Road (or any where else in the Village) please try to get their registration number and then report them to the Police. Glazewing Ltd volunteered to put a notice to all employees regarding speeding along Station Road but confirmed they are unable to enforce limits outside working hours when the employees are in private vehicles.