Minutes of the Annual West Dereham Parish Meeting
And also the minutes of the West dereham Annual Parish meeting
Minutes of the Annual West Dereham Parish Meeting held on Thursday
31st May 2007 in the Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.
1. Present: Miss Richardson - Chairperson: Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Cairn, Mrs. Berry, R. Drew, B. Glover, M. Grief, T. Manley: Borough Councillor together with 13 members of the public.
The Chairperson opened the meeting and welcomed every particularly the Borough Councillor.
2. Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on the 11th May 2006 were agreed as a correct record.
3. Chairpersons Report: Miss Richardson confirmed that she had now completed her first full year in Office and was pleased to say that all but one allotment has now been let and that Mr. French has taken on the role of and proved to be an excellent Allotments Liaison Officer for which we are all most grateful and also out thanks go to him for the work carried out on the seats and the Cemetery gates. Both Allotment gates have been repaired and one re-painted thanks to Adrian Farnham and Malcolm Grief, thanks must go to Russell Drew for successfully transplanting the goal posts from the Community Centre to the St. Andrew's play area.
Various pot holes and road matters have been attended to and Station Road remains an on going matter still under discussion.
Miss Richardson apologised if she had missed anyone out but would like to take the opportunity to thank her fellow Parish Councillors for their help and support over the past year with a special mention for the Parish Clerk without whose hard work and diligence the job would be much more difficult.
4. Village Hall Report: Mrs. Johnson reported that very few fund raising activities had taken place in the last year but a new larger Committee had now been appointed so things may be different next year. The bank balance at the moment is £1990. 71.
5. Matters Raised by the Public: T. Manley reported that he had received many telephone calls about traffic using Station Road and he had checked that Glazewing have a Waste Licence to operate between 7a.m. and 7 p.m., also their Haulage licence permits 24hours at present. He stated that this licence is due for renewal in 2009 and he invited those members of the public with a problem regarding Glazewing traffic to write to the Licensing Authority objecting to the long hours. He confirmed that he had with him at the meeting details of where and to whom their objections should be addressed. A request was made for a flashing light indicator to be installed in Station Road showing the actual speed the vehicle was travelling - clerk to investigate.
The meeting closed at 7.17 p.m.