War Memorial Gary Trouton


June 2007

Minutes of the March Meeting of Wretton Parish Council


WEDNESDAY 14th March 2007

Present: Cllr D Llewellyn - Chairman,

Cllr M Peake, Cllr N Pilgrim, Cllr S Briston, Cllr L Peake

Cllr T Manley - Borough Councillor

1. Apologies for Absence accepted from:

Cllr B Glover, Cllr I Mack

2. Declaration of Interest:

Cllr S Briston and Cllr L Peake declared an interest in item 8.

3. Approval of Minutes:

The minutes of the 10/01/07 were confirmed as a true record of the meeting.

4. Matters Arising:

 It is still uncertain if any equipment or rubbish has or is being moved from the land owned by the Jane Forby Charity in Limehouse Drove. The Parish Council will check on the situation.

 The Parish Council are still waiting for the Highway Technician to make contact regarding a site visit to Wretton.

5. Chairman's Report:

 The Chairman and Clerk attended a training session on planning held by the Borough Council.

 Wretton Parish Council website should become live in about three weeks time and Councillors were asked if there was anything they would like to see added. It is hoped the site will become a community site that will cover news and events from other local organisations.

Clerk's Report:

 The 2005/6 audit has now been returned by the external auditor with no further action necessary.

 The Clerk attended the NCAPTC Seminar where a speaker advised on insurance matters and suggested Parish Councils should seriously consider taking out cover against libel and slander actions. Quality Parish Council status was also discussed with Councils being urged to go for this.

 The Clerk attended the first meeting of Wretton Historical Organisation. The group plan to hold a Living History Day to celebrate the 900th anniversary of All Saint's Church, Wretton. The Parish Council have voiced support for this venture.

6. Accounts were presented and accepted for payment.

Cheques for approval of payment

Clerk's wages/expenses (Jan. /Feb.) £120.67

MHB Services x2 £23.50

Inland Revenue (Feb. March. April) £46.35

NRCC subs 2007-03-18 £15.00

James Bradfield School x2 £23.50

NPFA subs 2007 £20.00

BCKLWN (The Green) £400.00

Finance - @ 28th Feb. 2007

Community Account 1950.95

Business Premium Account 1645.24

Business Reserve Account 12348.86


6.1 Donation to Norfolk Accident Rescue Service:

It was proposed, seconded and agreed to donate £50.00

7. Correspondence:

7.1 A revised Model Code of Conduct for Local Authority Members

7.2 NRCC Signpost etc.

7.3 Proposed changes to the East of England Plan http://www.goeast.uk/goeast/planning/regional_planning/?a=42496

7.4 Standards Committee papers

7.5 Election Promotion material

7.6 The Playing Field Newsletter

7.7 Local Government Review

7.8 Council meeting agendas - 25/01/07 & 22/02/07

7.9 Presentation by Internal Drainage Board & Middle Level Commissioner 14/03/07

7.10 Norfolk Link

7.11 NRCC - Members Council Meeting "Are you supporting your local economy?"

7.12 E-mail received from resident regarding the state of the pond on The Green. Bottles/cans have ended up in the pond and it needs clearing out. Volunteers have come forward willing to do the job and this will be looked at when The Green has been handed over to the Parish Council. Provision of a litter bin will then also be considered.

8. Planning:

Planning application received for consideration:

Location: Harringay Farm, Low Road, Wretton

Details: Extension and conversion of outbuildings.

Ref. No: 07/00328/F

Recommended Approval

Cllr S Briston had declared an interest in this item so he stepped outside at 7.50pm. Comments were made that the new entrance will be in close proximity to an existing entrance and that the site is small. However the development does appear to be in keeping with surrounding buildings. It was voted by 2 for and 1 against (with 1 abstention) to recommend approval. Cllr Briston returned at 8.00pm.

Cllr M Peake asked that the following comment, made by Cllr Pilgrim, be minuted: "there is corruption on the Parish Council". The Chairman responded by stating that such allegations should be formally addressed to the Standards Board.

9. Village Green and Sign:

9.1 Papers relating to the transfer of ownership of Wretton Green from the BCKLWN to Wretton Parish Council were signed by the Chairman and Clerk. Draft papers had been considered and agreed at the January meeting.

Litter, the provision of a bin and the pond will be agenda items for the next meeting.

9.2 A quote of £550 has been received to build a base for and erect the village sign. The Chairman will ask for clarification of what this quote covers and it was agreed by all that the Chairman should order the work if all seems acceptable to him.

10. Sewerage Update:

The Chairman attended meetings last year of the Action Group dealing with sewage problems and he had has not heard of any further problems since the summer. Cllr Pilgrim stated that he has passed letters relating to the sewerage to another member of the Parish Council and that the matter is a private one concerning him. It was requested at the January meeting that any information should be brought to this meeting. Discussion did ensue relating to various points including the fact that the original proposed sewerage scheme did not include Wereham and why Wereham sewerage was added to the Wretton line.

11. Other Reports - for information only:

10.1 Raw untreated sewerage is reported to be being dumped on land near Stoke Ferry Common. It was suggested Stoke Ferry and Wretton Parish Councils should join forces to look into this. Cllr Trevor Manley was asked if he could investigate the problem and contact BCKLWN Environmental Health. Fly tipping and the use of drugs are also problems reported as occurring on the Common and down Limehouse Drove.

10.2 Highways need contacting again regarding the overgrown hedges.

10.3 The verge by the entrance to Limehouse Drove is being eroded by large vehicles. This appears to be a problem in many areas as roads are not wide enough for modern vehicles.

10.4 A request was made for the provision of a street light in Jane Forby Close. However, the Parish Council cannot fund this and do not look after any lights in Jane Forby Close at present.

Meeting closed at 8.44pm.

Chairman's Signature............................................. Date...............

Parish Clerk

Copyright remains with independent content providers where specified, including but not limited to Village Pump contributors. All rights reserved.