Wereham parish Council Minutes
Minuted of the March meeting of Wretton Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting of Wereham Parish Council
held on Tuesday 13th March 2007 in the Village Hall.
1. Present: R. Lankfer - Chairman, G. Gott, C. Humphries, D. Pickston, G. Clere together with T. Manley - Borough Councillor and 2 members of the public.
2. Apologies: Mrs. Willis and P. Markwell.
3. Minutes: It was proposed by G. Clere, seconded by D. Pickston that the minutes of the meeting held on 9th January 2007 be signed as a correct record.
4. Matters Arising: Orchardleigh trees have been trimmed back and the rubbish in Cavenham Road has been removed.
5. Planning Decision: Mr. & Mrs. P. Carter - 2 dwellings at Natanya, Flegg Green -approved
Planning Application: Mr. & Mrs. W. Garrett - construction of outbuildings at Elm Tree Farm College Farm - proposed G. Clere, seconded C. Humphries recommend approval.
6. Payments: Nfk. Playing Field Assoc. £20.00, Nfk. R.C.C. £15.00, Pearce and Kemp Ltd. £201.60 - proposed G. Gott, seconded G. Clere pass for payment.
7. Correspondence: Letter from Samaritans asking for volunteers: Your Council: N.R.C.C. Signpost: N.C.A.P. & T. Councils Norfolk Link: The Playing Field: W.N.B.C. Funding Organisations: Consultation on Amendments for Model Code of
Conduct - all noted. The Clerk was instructed to ascertain who is permitted to carry out the Annual Inspection of Play equipment.
8. Any Other Business: The Clerk is to check on hedging for the Gas cylinder fence. G. Clere presented each Councillor with a copy of the Conveyance of the Village Hall dated 1960. It was agreed that volunteers would cut back to the main trunk the untidy thorn tree on the pond green area and it would then be uprooted and all the arisings removed. The two wooden seats on the Playing field need attention - clerk to obtain quotation for metal strips instead of the wooden slats. Mr. Manley stated that he would not be seeking re-election to the Borough Council - he was thanked by the Chairman for his help and attendance at the meetings and this was endorsed by all the Councillors.
The meeting closed at 8.20 p.m.