Minutes of the January meeting of the Wereham Parish Council
Minutes of the January meeting
Minutes of the meeting of the Wereham Parish Council held on Tuesday 9th January 2007 in The Village Hall at 7.30 p.m.
Present: R. Lankfer - Chairman, G. Clere, P. Markwell, C. Humphries, D. Pickston, Mrs. Willis together with 2 members of the public.
Apologies: G. Gott and T. Manley - Borough Councillor.
1. Minutes: Subject to the amendment 6 Chariton View be inserted instead of 6 Stoke Road for house name change it was proposed by G. Clere and seconded by C. Humphries that the minutes be signed as a correct record.
2. Matters Arising: The tress overhanging the foot path along Orchardleigh wall still need trimming back and the pot holes in Back Lane and School Lane still need some attention.
3. Planning Decision: Const. of 4 dwellings at The Springs, Flegg Green has been approved on appeal.
Planning Applications: P. Carter - Const. of 2 dwellings and demolition of existing bungalow - Flegg Green
Robertson Builders - const. of 2 dwellings - Orchard Bungalow, Flegg Green Mr & Mrs W. Garrett - Const. of Agricultural bldg. College Road Ms J. Young - const. of house - Cromer Lodge, Flegg Green - recommend approval
4. Payments: Clerks annual salary £747.50
Petty cash £51.50
Audit Commission £58.75 - Proposed Mrs. Willis, seconded D. Pickston -pass for payment
5. Precept: It was proposed by R. Lankfer and seconded by G. Clere that the precept be set at £3220. 00 for the year 2007/8 - agreed
6. Correspondence: N.C.C. Footpath no. I - to be opened : Norfolk Police meeting -18/1/07 at Wymondham : N.C.C. Gritting Routes : Mayors Award for Design : W.N.B.C.
1 The Cottage, Flegg Green is to be known as Bramble Cottage: NCH Children's Charity -
Volunteers wanted to help with disabled children: Audit confirmed as all correct - all
noted. W.N.B.C. letter enclosing copy from youngsters in Village reference a Skate Park
- clerk to reply stating no land owned by Parish Council for the purpose.
7. Any Other Business: White Van parked on grass area at bell mouth of Church Road and A 134. The water no longer manages to get to the drain at the corner of the Church wall since the new kerbs have been laid. Fly tipping has again occurred in Cavenham Road halfway between the last corner and Gibbett Lane. The fence around the Calor Gas cylinder at the Village Hall has now been erected and after a discussion it was agreed that a further donation of £100.00 should be made towards the cost.
The meeting closed at 8.35 p.m.