Blackberry & Apple Fool
A delicious way to combine your free local blackberries with easily obtained apples.
450g / 1lb blackberries
450g / 1lb cooking apples
2 tablespoons honey or Barbados sugar
150ml / 1/2 pint double or whipping cream
1. Wash blackberries and place in a saucepan or casserole dish with a lid.
2. Wash & slice the apples and add to the blackberries
3. Either simmer in a pan 'till fruit is soft or put lid on casserole and place in a small oven, Gas 2, 300 degreesF, 150 degreesC and leave until fruit is soft
4. Sieve fruit and sweeten to taste with honey or sugar. Leave to cool.
5. Whip cream until same thickness as puree.
6. When puree is cold, fold together with cream and put in a pretty dish
The Village Kitchen