Wereham Parish Council Minutes - July Meeting
Minutes of the July meeting of the Wereham Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting of the Wereham Parish Council
held on Tuesday 11th July 2006 in The Village Hall at 7.30p.m.
1. Present: R. Lankfer - Chairman, Mrs. Willis, C. Humphries, D. Pickston together with 4 members of the public.
2 Apologies: G. Gott. P. Markwell, G. Clere and T. Manley - Borough Councillor.
Minutes: It was proposed by C. Humphries and seconded by R. Lankfer that the minutes of both the Parish Meeting and the Annual Parish Council meeting held on 9th May 2006 be signed as correct records.
3. Matters Arising: G. Clere informed the Clerk that the posts from the play equipment which was unsafe had been removed but the quote for the fencing around the new Gas Tank is still awaited. The hedge at the boundary of The Paddocks in Cavenham Road is still obscuring the 30m.p.h. sign until one to absolutely along the sign. The clerk is to contact the Council.
4. Planning Decisions: Construction of 4 dwelling on land north east of The Springs -Refused Construction of 2 dwellings land at Orchard Bungalow, Flegg Green -Approved.
5. Payments: None
6. Correspondence: N.C.C. notified Parish Council that work would commence on the Church Road footway. Norfolk Police - notification of the dates and locations of the Mobile Station. Norfolk Link : W.N.B.C. communications reference Web Sites:E.ON Energy notification of electricity supply price increase: N.C.C. Woodfuel in Norfolk Booklet - all noted.
7. Any Other Business: A request for a pedestrian crossing at The Row ; The footpath from Holmoak to Flegg Green Junction is in serious need of attention: the Lay by in Flegg Green needs the vegetation removing from the Tarmac surface: Pot holes in School Lane appear to be outlined with white paint and then left for the paint to fade: the Willow tree in the corner of the Manor Garden is overhanging the footpath and is causing problems for pedestrians likewise the overhanging trees in the orchard area of Orchardleigh House, Lynn Road - clerk to contact the County Council. There is a climbing plant on the electricity pole in Back Lane which needs attention and there is a lot of rubbish in the pond at the corner nearest the Village Hall. Quotes are to be obtained for two signs stating 'NO FISHING THIS SIDE OF THE POND'.
The meeting closed at 8.00 p.m.