Quick Lemon Cheesecake
A delightful recipe that can be prepared with out recourse to the oven.
1/4 pint boiling water
1 lemon jelly
Juice of 2 lemons and the rind of 1 lemon
12 oz rich cream cheese
1/4 pint double cream
3 to 4 oz caster sugar
2 oz digestive biscuits, crushed
2 oz ginger biscuits, crushed
1 oz Demerara sugar
2 oz butter, melted
A little soured cream
1. Put the boiling water in a measuring jug with the jelly and stir until dissolved.
2. Add the lemon rind and juice and, if necessary, make up to 1/2 pint (300 ml) with extra cold water. Leave to become quite cold and nearly set
3. Mix the cream cheese with a little of the cream and whisk the remainder until it forms soft peaks; fold into cheese with castor sugar and almost set jelly mixture.
4. Turn into an 8 inch (20cm) cake tin lined with a circle of greaseproof paper and chill in the refrigerator until set.
5. Mix together the crushed biscuits, sugar and melted butter and spread over the cheesecake; chill for a further hour
6. Dip tin into very hot water for a brief moment to loosen the cheesecake, then turn out on to a serving dish, remove the circle of greaseproof paper and spread the top with sour cream. Before serving, decorate with lemon slices.
The Village Kitchen