Minutes of the West Dereham Annual Parish Meeting
West Dereham Parish Chairman gives his annual report the the village.
Minutes of the West Dereham Parish Meeting held on Thursday 11th May 2006 in The Village Hall at 7.00 p.m.
1. Present: Miss Richardson - Chairperson, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Cann, Mrs. Berry, B. Glover, M. Grief, R. Drew plus 4 members of the public.
2. Apologies: Mrs. D. Moir - Borough Councillor.
3. Minutes: The Minutes of the meeting held on 12th May 2005 were agreed and signed as a correct record.
4. Chairpersons Report: Miss Richardson stated that the report would be short due to the fact that she had only elected to the Chair in November under circumstances that none of us could have imagined. She further reported that the new Village Sign which our late Chairman had organised was now erected at the Church end of the Village in his memory. A new bridleway had been formally adopted connecting Straight Drove with the River Wissey. The discussions with regard to Station Road remain on going but thankfully the new lay-bys appear to have improved the traffic flow. She then thanked her fellow Councillors for their support together with thanks to the Clerk
5. Village Hall Report: Mrs. Berry gave apologies from Mrs. Johnson and then presented the Accounts. The Bank balance at present is £2265. 81 and the expenses over income this year was £458. 80. She explained that it had been a difficult year due to problems with the Electricity Company and the new laws together with the normal every day run of the mill repairs.
6. Matters Raised by the Public: The Parish Council would like to express their thanks to the Village Hall Committee for their hard and dedicated work in keeping the Village Hall in good repair and running. There were no other matters raised.
The meeting closed at 7.06 p.m.