AMERICAN STRAWBERRY PIE
A mouth-watering recipe for all those luscious strawberries
6 oz rich flan pastry
2 level tablespoons of cornflour
1/2 oz sugar
1/2 pint milk
Vanilla essence or sherry
1. Roll out flan pastry and line an 8 inch pie plate.
2. Flute edges and bake "Blind".
3. Mix the cornflour, sugar, egg yolk and a little of the milk together smoothly.
4. Put the rest of the milk on to heat, add the mixed cornflour and cook for three minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from the heat and lightly fold in the stiffly beaten egg white.
6. Flavour to taste with vanilla essence or sherry and pour into the baked pastry case.
7. When cool, cover the top of the pie with fresh strawberries and then glaze.