New Potato Recipes
Some new wasys to enjoy your new potatoes.
Two simple recipes to enable you to enjoy new potatoes to the full:
25g / 1 oz butter
25g / 1 oz sugar
1. Method: Boil new potatoes until their jackets are tender.
2. In a clean pan melt butter & sugar and cook gently until golden.
3. Put in potatoes, with or without the skins. Turn them over in the glaze until they are coated and light brown.
Nice with cold ham and a green crisp salad.
New potatoes in Buttermilk
1. Cook the scraped potatoes in boiling salted water with a sprig of mint.
2. When cooked, drain thoroughly and put enough for one serving in a basin and just cover with buttermilk.
3. Eat at once
The Village Kitchen