Aunt Polly's Pie
A superb recipe for all those Christmas left-overs
A way to use left-over turkey, chicken, stuffing and stock
Serves 4 to 6
225 g / 8 oz bacon rashers
225 g / 8 oz left-over chicken or turkey
225 g / 8 oz pork sausage meat
50 ml / 2 fl oz stock from boiling chicken or turkey carcass
1. De-rind the bacon, lay rashers on a board and, using a knife with a wide blade, press out rashers to stretch and widen them.
2. Line a deep pie dish with the bacon rashers, saving one or two for later.
3. Add chicken or turkey cut up into bite-size pieces
4. Cover with a layer of sausage meat.
5. Pour over the stock.
6. Bake in a warm oven, Gas Mark 3, 325 degreesF, 160 degreesC for 10 to 15 minutes. Then remove pie from oven and press stuffing over the top. Cover with remaining bacon and bake for a further 20 minutes.
Can be eaten hot from the dish or cold, turned out and sliced.