WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES
Minutes of the July meeting of the PC
MINUTES OF WRETTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD AT WRETTON CHURCH
WEDNESDAY 13th JULY 2005
Present: Cllr D Llewellyn - Chairman,
Cllr B Glover, Cllr L Peake, Cllr M Peake, Cllr N Pilgrim
1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr S Briston
2. Declaration of Interest
3. Approval of Minutes
The minutes for the meeting held on Wednesday 11th May 2005.
were approved, proposed by Cllr M Peake and seconded by Cllr B. Glover
4. Matters Arising
The Chairman signed his Declaration of Office
BCKLWN - Payment for general election - 10 May
BCKLWN - Agenda Special Meeting 8 Jun - recvd 31 May
BCKLWN - Agenda Meeting 30 June
The Playing Field Newsletter
Care and Repair Leaflet
Norfolk Training Partnership Newsletter 10 - May 2005
Norfolk Link 149
Iceni Homes Leaflet - April 2005
BCKLWN - Opportunity Awards 2005
BCKLWN - Agenda Standards Committee Meeting - 30 June
NCA of Town & Parish Councils Pointers to Good Practice Booklet
Norfolk Ambition Volunteer Poster - Notice Board
Vitalise Request for Funds 3 May 2005
J Congreave -Application for clerk - discussed in Members Matters
Norfolk Rural Community Council - Subscription May 2005 -Subscription Proposed Cllr M. Peake, seconded Cllr L. Peake
Norfolk Rural Community Council - Offer of help 1 July 2005
Trafalgar Weekend letter - No decision for action
BCKLWN Register of Electors Canvassers- passed to Cllr. M Peake
DEFRA Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act - Chairman outlined aspects of this communication and councillors noted points.
Norfolk Playing Fields Association Certificate and Constitution and Notice received - P.C. has joined association
Mayors Charity Appeal - donation request rejected, as it was felt money should be focused more locally
NCA of Town & Parish Councils - Exec Committee Vacancy advertised
Norfolk Parish Training Partnership - Play Group Safety - P.C. informed of course
Barclays New Interest rates - P.C. informed
6.1 Planning Applications:
Applicant: Mr & Mrs M Brown
Ref. No: 05/01179/F
Location: Hill Crest, Field Lane, Wretton
Details: Extension to dwelling including insertion of roof lights and dormer windows in connection with accommodation in roof space
6.2 BCKLWN Statement of Community involvement - Response before 5 August
BCKLWN Issues and Options Consultation - Response before 17 August BCKLWN Council
The Chairman outlined what the above papers are about and explained that a consultation process is taking place to determine views regarding the new Local Development Framework. A questionnaire supplied with the explanatory booklets asks for opinions as to which of three options in the development proposals people would support.
1. A concentrated development strategy, where King's Lynn is developed as a sub-regional centre.
2. King's Lynn, Downham Market and Hunstanton would be areas for major growth.
3. Development would be more evenly spread across the Borough.
The Parish Council voted 4 t0 1 in favour of supporting Option 1. They support the emerging vision and proposals of the Local Development Plan as outlined and responded to the questionnaire accordingly.
Community Account 3915.66
Business Reserve Account 32032.08
Business Premium Account 1623.32 Total 35,571.06
Refund of advert fee £58.33 - 37.99 = £20.24
Country Grounds Maintenance - verge cutting 470.00
Country Grounds Maintenance - play area/churchyard 453.20
Chairman/Clerks expenses 3.97
8. Play Area
* Cllr M Peake reported that because the Parish Council holds a substantial amount of money in reserve any grant applications would not be looked at favourably.
* The price of fencing the area has increased to £1500 and it was agreed by 4 to 1 to proceed with replacement (proposed Cllr M Peake, seconded Cllr L Peake). The large gate is to remain in the same position and the small gate is to be located half way down the lane. A notice board will be by the gate and a sign will be erected regarding ball games.
* At the Annual Parish Meeting it was agreed the Parish Council would provide significant funding towards play equipment.
Meeting closed to allow members of the audience to speak:
The total cost of the playgroup project to provide equipment suitable for toddlers and juniors, a teenage shelter and seating for adults has been estimated at £20000. The members of the public at the meeting felt The Parish Council should contribute as much as possible towards this.
* Cllr. M Peake proposed that the Parish Council fund the whole project at a cost of £20000. Seconded Cllr L Peake, all agreed.
* It was suggested that funds raised from the paper bank be used to maintain the play area. The Parish Council will look into taking this scheme on board.
9. Village Green and Sign
* Chairman has sign
* Discussion took place as to the best way to proceed for the Parish Council to obtain the land on which to erect the village sign. It has been recommended to the Borough Council Cabinet The Green be transferred to the Parish Council at a nominal cost of £1 plus £400 +VAT to cover costs. Cllr M Peake proposed this course of action be followed. Seconded Cllr D Llewellyn, all agreed.
10. Public Participation
Public involved in discussions above
11. Members Matters
11.1 It was reported that verges are overgrown between The Clover Club and Wretton boundary.
12. Date of next meeting 14th September 2005
The meeting closed at 9.50pm