Minutes of the Wereham Parish Council
The minutes from the July meeting of the Wereham Parish Council
Minutes of the Wereham Parish Council meeting
held on Tuesday 13th July 2005 in
The Village Hall at 7.30p.m.
1. Present: R. Lankfer - Chairman, Mrs. Willis, C. Humphries, together with a member of the public and T. Manley - Borough Councillor.
2. Apologies: G. Clere and G. Gott.
3. Minutes: The Parish meeting minutes were agreed as a correct record. The Minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting were proposed by Mrs Willis and seconded by C. Humphries as a correct record and duly signed.
4. Matters Arising: The Safety Fencing at Flegg Green junction; the road surface in Stoke Road, the footpath out side The Forge and the Pot holes in Back Lane have all been dealt with and repaired. The Pond - Norfolk County Council have quoted for the necessary work around the Pond in the sum of £150.00 plus V.A. T - the Clerk was instructed to accept the quote and ask that the work be put in hand. The Sounding Alley needs sweeping - C. Humphries volunteered to carry out this task and then it will be weed killed.
5. Planning: Mr. & Mrs. R. Smith Fairfield, Flegg Green extension far elderly person. K. 7D. Woolston-Brix, Cavenham Road Garage extension - both applications to be recommended for approval.
6. Payments: C.G.M. Ltd. £579.39: C.G.M. Ltd £133.07: Pearce and Kemp £32.51:N.R.C.C. £13.00: Mayors Charity Appeal £25.00 - proposed by Mrs. Willis and seconded by C. Humphries - agreed for payment.
7. Correspondence: Norfolk Matters : EDF Energy - Certificate needed: Norfolk Link: E:ON Energy - monthly charge to be £26.30 : N.C.A. of P & T Councils -Play Ground Safety Issues meeting - all noted. W.N.B.C. Register of Electors Canvassers required. W.N.B.C. Issues and Options Paper Consultations for the Borough Local Development Framework. N.C.A. of P T. Councils - Pointers to Good Practice - noted. The Mayors Charity Appeal this year is The First Responders. A quote from C.G.M. Ltd for the control of Japanese Knot weed has been received but the matter is on hold at the moment.
8. Any Other Business: A request has been made for a Can Bank. The footpath from Crown Gardens to Flegg Green junction is in need of attention and the bollard at the Flegg Green junction is still missing. A request has been made for straw to be placed in the pond in an effort to clear the water. There is a Road Closed sign on the verge at Flegg Green junction and this needs removing.
The meeting closed at 8.20p.m