Desert Island Discs
June takes up the challenge laid down by Graham Forster in the June edition of the Pump
It would have been far easier to choose one hundred and eight but it has been lovely choosing the eight above all others. They are not in any particular order:
1. "Nimrod" from Elgar's Enigma Variations.
2. The Overture to Tannhauser by Wagner.
3. "All I ask of you" from Phantom of the Opera.
4. Glucks "What is life to me without thee?" sung by Kathleen Ferrier.
5. "Wise men say" by Elvis Presley.
6. Bizet's "The Pearl Fisher Duet" sung by Andrea Bocelli and Bryn Terfel.
7. Moonlight Sonata, 1st Movement by Beethoven.
8. "The last farewell" by Roger Whittaker.
I should have to take my walking stick with me but I am hoping that would be considered part of me, so I would have a box of Trivial Pursuit (and answers of course). The book would be "The Kontiki Expedition" by Thor Heyasahl.