Minutes of the West Dereham Parish Meeting
West Dereham OC Minutes
held on Thursday 12th May 2005
in the Village Hall at 7.OOp.m.
1. Present: E. Drew - Chairman, Mrs. Berry, Miss Richardson, M. Grief, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Cairn and a member of the public.
2. Apologies: Mrs. Bullas and D. Fisher
3. Minutes: It was agreed that the Minutes of the Parish Meeting held on 13th May 2004 be signed as correct record.
4. Matters Arising: None
5. Chairman's Report: Mr. Drew thanked all Councillors and the Clerk for their support during 2005. A new footpath at the Church Road / Ryston Road junction had been constructed and all the hedges in the Parish had been trimmed. The Cemetery extension has been prepared and seeded and a new Village Sign had been made by the prisoners of Wayland Prison, for which a donation was made, and hopefully this will be able to be erected at the Church end of the Parish. A public meeting has been held regarding the state of and traffic in Station Road and a report from the County Council is awaited.
6. Village Hall Report: Mrs. Berry presented the accounts and confirmed that a profit of £333.73 had been made during the year. A new Water Heater has been installed and various other minor plumbing works carried out. The profit is due mainly to the increase in the lettings during the year.
7. Matters Raised by the Public: Mr. Page stated on behalf of the Station Road residents that since the public meeting traffic along Station Road has been slower and later starting in the mornings - he wished to convey to Mr. Grief their congratulations and thanks.
The meeting closed at 7.07 p.m.