Another delicious recipe from the Village Kitchen
Makes about 12
125 g / 4 oz pig's liver
75 g / 3 oz macaroni
15 g / 1/2 oz butter
1 tablespoon flour
150 ml / 1/4 pint milk
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Oil or fat for frying
1. Parboil liver
2. Boil macaroni in salted water until cooked. Drain well.
3. Finely mince liver and macaroni.
4. Melt butter in a pan, stir in flour and cook until golden brown.
5. Add a quarter pint of milk, stir and cook until thick.
6. Add liver, macaroni and parsley and heat through.
7. Add well beaten eggs.
8. Drop large tablespoons of this mixture into hot fat deep enough to cover. They puff up slightly when cooked.
NB If you find flavour of liver is too strong, soak it in some milk and water for an hour before cooking. Discard the liquid.