Another mouth watering recipe from the Village Kitchen
225 g / 8 oz mixed sultanas, raisins and currants
4 tablespoons of sweet cider
175 g / 6 oz butter or margarine
175 g / 6 oz soft brown sugar
225 g / 8 oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon of mixed spice (optional)
1. Soak mixed fruits in cider overnight.
2. Cream butter or margarine and add sugar. Cream until fluffy.
3. Lightly beat the eggs and gradually beat them into the mixture.
4. Mix in fruit and cider
5. Sift flour and spice together.
6. Fold in half the flour, mix well. Mix in rest of flour.
7. Grease a 20 cm / 8 inch round or 18 cm / 7 inch square tin and line the bottom with greased, greaseproof paper.
8. Bake in a moderate oven (Gas 4, 350 degreesF, 180 degreesC) for 1 hour and 10 minutes.