Blackberry and Apple Fool
Another delicious recipe from the Village Kitchen
450g / 1 lb blackberries
450g / 1 lb cooking apples
2 tablespoons of honey or Barbados sugar
150ml / 1/4 pint double or whipping cream
1. Wash blackberries and place in a saucepan or a casserole dish with a lid.
2. Wash and slice the apples and add to blackberries.
3. Either simmer in a pan till fruit is soft or put lid on casserole and put in a slow oven, Gas 2, 300 deg F, 150 deg C, and leave until fruit is soft.
4. Sieve fruit and sweeten to taste with honey or sugar. Leave to cool.
5. Whip cream until same thickness as puree.
6. When puree is cold, fold together with cream and put in a pretty dish.