A recipe for those Turkey left-overs
1. First cook the chicken carcass, wing bones and giblets in a large pan with 1.5 litre/2 1/2 - pint water, salt, bay leaf and a few peppercorns. Cover pan and bring slowly to the boil; simmer for about an hour.
2. Remove meat from bones
3. Strain stock.
1 tablespoon of oil
25 g/2 oz butter
1 chopped onion
175 g/ 6 oz brown rice
1 chopped green pepper
2 skinned and chopped tomatoes
600 ml/1 pint chicken stock
1 teaspoon turmeric
salt and pepper
1. Heat oil and butter in a frying pan with lid.
2. Fry onion lightly. When soft, but not brown, add rice and fry for a minute.
3. Add green pepper, tomatoes, stock, turmeric, salt and pepper.
4. Cover pan and cook gently until rice is almost tender - about 20 minutes.
5. Fork in chicken and cook until the rice is done and the chicken is hot.
6. Sprinkle liberally with chopped parsley just before serving.