This months Library titles
This months good reads for young and old
Featuring new titles available from Mobile and Branch Libraries in Norfolk
This month's new fiction titles are......
* Robert Harris - Pompeii - Pompeii recreates in spellbinding detail one of the most famous natural disasters of all time. And by focusing on the characters of an engineer and a scientist, it offers an entirely original perspective on the Roman world.
* Wendy Holden - Azur Like It - A romp on the Riviera Kate, a journalist in a small northern town, dreams of a glamorous life in the South of France. And they don't come much less glamorous than covering black pudding competitions for the Slackmucklethwaite Mercury and living with your parents in a semi called Wit's End. When a short, fat and ruthless tycoon takes over the paper, slashes budgets and sacks staff, things go from bad to worse. Except the tycoon's handsome son, Nat, incredibly, is interested in Kate. More amazingly still, he wants to help her with her Riviera dream.
* Frederick Forsyth - Avenger - A young American aid volunteer, Billy Colenso, is brutally murdered in former Yugoslavia. His grandfather, the Canadian billionaire Steven Edmond, is bent on revenge. The quest to find Billy's murderer leads Edmond to Cal Dexter, ex-Vietnam Special Forces, the one man who could bring the killer to justice.
* Barbara Taylor Bradford - Emma's Secret - The much-anticipated sequel to the phenomenally successful A Woman of Substance.
Here are some of the latest non-fiction titles.......
* Susannah Constantine - What Not to Wear 2 - In What Not to Wear we established the rules for dressing to suit your body shape. While you now know which skirt to avoid and which dress length to wear, many women say they still don't know what to wear to certain occasions - a job interview, a hot date, a wedding, a school function, going on from work, or just running around. This book is occasion led.
* David Beckham - My Side - David Beckham is one of the world's foremost media icons, his popularity transcending sport and cultural divides. This is his own in-depth account of his career to date, for Manchester United and England, and of his childhood, family and personal life.
* Cilla Black - What's It All About? - The new autobiography of Cilla Black.
Have you heard who's been nominated for the ManBooker book award?
Here are the shortlisted books.
* Monica Ali - Brick Lane
* Damon Galgut - The Good Doctor
* Clare Morrall - Astonishing Splashes of Colour
* DBC Pierre - Vernon God Little
* Zoe Heller - Notes on a Scandal
* Margaret Atwood - Oryx and Crake