Wereham Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 12th November 2002
Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 12th November 2002 in the Village Hall at 7.30pm.
Present: G. Clere, D. Pickson, P. Markwell, Mrs. Willis, T. Manley: Borough Councillor and 2 members of the public. In the absence of both Chairman and vice-chairperson the members present elected G. Clere to Chair the meeting.
Apologies: G Gott and Mrs. Koopowitz
Minutes: P. Markwell proposed and D. Pickston seconded that the minutes of the September meeting be signed as correct record.
* The manhole covers along the A134 still need attention.
* The Church wall has now been repaired.
* Some drainage work has been carried out in School Lane to alleviate the water problems but further works hopefully will be carried out at a later date.
* The fish are still to be removed from the Pond.
* P. Markwell volunteered to be co-opted onto the Village Hall Committee to fill the vacancy caused by H. Smith's resignation.
* The grass near the Village Hall appears to be cut less often than the rest.
* Planning Application: W.M.J. Property Development Ltd. Construction of 7 dwellings in Chariton House grounds amended. Recommend refusal on the grounds of inappropriate site, multiple accesses onto existing busy road, felling of trees.
* Petty Cash £40.64
* R.B.L. Poppy Appeal £16.75
* District Audit £190.35
* Eastern Contracting £102.88
* C.G.M. Ltd. £655.98
* K.B. Woolston £70.00
* Cornhill Ins. PLC £161.56
* Clerk's part year salary and expenses £450. 00
* It was unanimously agreed these accounts be passed for payment.
* Norfolk Matters; Citizens Advice Bureau; N.R.C.C. Signpost; Norfolk Link; N.R.C.C. Affordable Houses; W.N.B.C. Combined Parish & Borough Council Elections - Postal Pilot Scheme - all noted.
* W.N.B.C. Mr. Holdsworth wrote suggesting Mr. Humphries would undertake the task of Tree Warden for the Parish - the matter has been noted.
* C.G.M. Ltd sent a quotation for grass cutting for the next three years, the clerk is to try and obtain two further quotations before any decision is taken.
Information Commissioner - Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Mr. Clere is going to study the document and volunteered to try and obtain a simplified version.
Any Other Business:
* Complaints have been received about overgrown hedges in Cavenham Road and Flegg Green.
* A light has fused near Crown Gardens and No-Where Lane is now in a very bad state and needs attention.
* An Inspector needs to be appointed for the Play Equipment who must keeps records of regular inspections, faults found, dates and arrangements for any repairs etc.
The meeting closed at 8.50pm.