Stoke Ferry Parish Council
Minutes of the June meeting
Minutes Of Stoke Ferry Annual Parish Council Meeting On 16th June 2002 help in the school at 7.45pm.
PRESENT: V.Chairman (Mr Mycock), & Messrs, Ward, Paterson and Mrs Leamon, plus nine members of the public.
APOLOGIES: Messrs White, Jagger, Bonnett, Mr Manley (B.C.) and Mrs Lewis.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Mr. Mycock proposed, Mr Ward Seconded that Mr White remain In office, all agreed.
Mr. Paterson proposed, Mrs Leamon Seconded that Mr Mycock remain In office, all agreed.
MINUTES of previous meeting read and signed as a true record.
7. Parking at All Saints House still bad, contact Mr Smith again, request yellow lines but not outside the post office.
8. Parish council refuse bin had still not been replaced.
9. Highways had still not completed the necessary repairs reported to them.
10. Borough Council refused planning permission .for dwelling. Mr K. Wright.
11. Borough Council granted planning permission for extension. Mr F.Munford.
12. Borough Council granted planning permission for Sun lounge.Micklefields.
13. Borough Council granted planning permission for alteration to Coach House. W.Heath.
14. Planning application for Douglas, bungalow, garage etc. Withdrawn.
15. P.C. agreed to planning application Favor Parker, changing room, shower, toilet.
16. P.C. agreed to planning application Wright, two unit mobile home Furlong Rd.
17. P.C. agreed to planning application Mr Philpott Garage.
18. P.C. agreed to planning application All Saints Church. Internal alterations.
Norfolk China £397.74, C.A.B. £10, Rates £48.45, NCAPTC £128.41, E.Elect £238.98, Comm.Centre £13.20,
Skip £70.50, C.Grds ~£2,232.50, Bonnett £873.78, Insurance £374.33, Clerk Sal & ex. £942.30.
Passed for payments proposed Mr Mycock, seconded Mr Paterson.
ADOPTION OF ACCOUNTS
It was agreed to adopt the accounts as presented, proposed Mr Mycock, Seconded Mr Paterson.
19. Favor Parker Liaison Committee meetings. Copies of minutes.
20. Suggested new ward name now to be "Wissey" and to consist of Stoke Ferry, Boughton, Wereham and Wretton..
21. Request for added inscription on memorial. Agreed.
22. Eastern Electricity now named EPN.
23. C.Grounds Main.Ltd suggest cutting grass on new cemetery land, agreed at £23 plus VAT every two weeks..
24. Audit report on accounts 2000/1 and comments noted and signed.
25. Audit Commission wrote that w.e.f. April 2002 each parish must employ its own internal auditor to comply with the new "Lighter Touch" regime.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
26. The following matters to be reported to highways, pot holes in Great Mans Way, and also outside village hall.
27. Manhole needs attention outside village hall; road breaking junction of Wretton Rd/ High St..
28. White lines gone Furlong Rd/Lynn Rd and surface breaking.
29. Footpath outside fish shop breaking, footpath outside J.Allan shop in Lynn Rd in bad state.
30. Hedge at 41 Buckland Drive very overgrown.
31. To thank Favor Parker for re-instating bricks around village sign..
32. To ask Mr White if a lid could be supplied for the skip in cemetery.
33. It was suggested that a sign be placed in cemetery "NO DOGS".
MEETING ENDED 9.10pm
Residents of Micklefields Estate concerned that there was not a public toilet on the playing field, but vandalism would be a problem.