Carrot and Coriander Soup
Another recipe from the Village Kitchen
40 grams/1.5 oz butter
1 Clove of garlic
A pinch of salt
450 grams/1 lb carrots
1 dessertspoon coriander seeds
1 glass of sherry
600ml/1 pint chicken stock
600ml/1 pint milk
To garnish: chopped parsley
1. Peel and slice the onions and cook carefully in butter in a large pan until transparent.
2. Crush garlic with salt and add to onions.
3. Scrub carrots, slice thinly and add to pan.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Add coriander seeds and sherry. Cover and cook gently until vegetables are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Add stock and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
6. Liquidise or sieve the soup, then strain into a clean pan.
7. Add milk when ready to serve. Reheat carefully. Adjust seasoning.
8. Sprinkle parsley over each bowl of soup.