MINUTES OF WEST DEREHAM EXTRA ORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD AT WEST DEREHAM VILLAGE HALL at 6.00 pm
TUESDAY 5 JULY 2016
PRESENT (3 Councillors):- Pam Bullas (PB), Paula Kellingray (PK) – Acting Chair, Claire Williams (CW).
Clerk: – Sarah Thorpe
One member of the public was in attendance.
The Acting Chairman welcomed everyone present and opened the meeting.
1. Apologies for Absence. Apologies were received and accepted from Claire Cann due to her being away; Tom Foy due to a work commitment; Lorraine Hunt due to a work commitment; and Pam Walker due to another commitment.
2. Declarations of Interest. No declarations were made.
3. Planning Applications.
3.1. 16/01054/F – Extension to agricultural building at Hill House Farm, Bath Road, West Dereham
The application was discussed and it was agreed by all to OBJECT to the application for the following reasons:
• Concerns about the term “commercial use” for the current use of the site in the application form and what is meant by this. Could this mean that the building is to be used for commercial uses related to agriculture? Hill House Farm is surrounded by residential properties and while farming noises and sights are accepted, commercial ones are a very different matter and have the potential to alter the nature of the immediate vicinity.
• Concerns about access on Bath Road which is a single track lane with blind corners and any additional traffic on the A134 that this application could generate. The Parish Council has already raised concerns with Norfolk County Council about the increased level of traffic on the A134 and the safety aspect for drivers entering and exiting the A134 from Bath Road and Lime Kiln Road.
• Additional noise for nearby residents.
Closure. The Acting Chairman thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 6.10pm.
Next meeting of the PC will be on Thursday 7 July 2016 at 7.30pm with Open Surgery from 7.00pm.
Clerk: Sarah Thorpe
Telephone: 01945 430930
Chairman’s signature …………………………………… Date ……………………………