BOUGHTON SURGERY PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP (PPG)
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Boughton PPG is a group of patients who have been invited to work with the practice to help patients become responsible for their own health and provide practical support, advice and input. We work closely with the doctors, nurses, dispensers, receptionists and everyone working for you at Boughton Surgery, on behalf of you, the patients that use Boughton Surgery when you’re sick, stressed, injured or fed up.
Our aim is to work with the practice to provide practical support, to help patients be more involved in their own health treatments and conditions and to provide input and advice to both the practice and the patients.
The objectives of the BoughtonPPGare to:
- give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest
- provide means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice.
- encourage health education activities within the practice.
- develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients e.g. befriending, help with transport and bereavement support.
- act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
- Monitor services, e.g. hospital discharge and support when back in the community.
- To provide a focal point of patients who have grumbles or complaints about the practice by providing the practice’s viewpoint.
- To provide advice on procedures that can ease difficulties in times of stress or illness.
The BoughtonPPGcomprises a Chairman and representatives of the major villages served by the practice together with the Practise Manager and members of staff. We meet quarterly in Boughton Surgery or more often if required.
Following recent departures, the BoughtonPPGis currently represented by patients from Boughton, Brookeville (embracing Feltwell and adjacent villages), Fincham, Northwold and Stoke Ferry. We would like to encourage patients of Boughton surgery who reside in Gooderstone, Whittington, Wretton, andWest Derehamto join us to make a more representative group serving the whole practice. Anyone interested in becoming a member should contact Pauline Whitehead, our Practice manager, on 01366 500331. Our next meeting is scheduled for11 January 2012so you have a few weeks to consider this request.
Tel 01366 500274