Minutes of the meeting held on 13th September in the school
PRESENT: V.Chairman, Messrs Patterson, Bonnett, Ward, Mrs Leamon and five members of the public.
APOLOGIES : Chairman. Mr A.White, Mrs Lewis and Messrs Kerchen and Jagger.
MINUTES of previous meeting read and signed as a true record.
1. Three quotes were being obtained for work on cemetery land
2. Bashams Quarry, to check with Planning dept re entrance.
3. The new sign and hitching posts had been installed.
1. Bennett. Micklefields. Five sun lounges to bungalows. Parish Council approved.
2. Fielder, Oxborough Rd. Existing building as garage. Parish Council approved.
3. Douglas, Thompsons Lane, Extension to dwelling. Parish Council approved.
4. TLM Developments. Adjacent the Bluebell, four dwellings instead of five. Parish Council approved.
5. Bennett. Micklefield. Three sun lounges to bungalows. Perm.granted by Borough Council
6. Coleridge, Greatmans Way, bungalow. Perm.granted by Borough Council.
7. Ferry Stores. Allaway, Car repairs. Perm.Granted by Borough Council, but with various conditions.
Community Centre. £6.60. C.Grounds Maintenance, £500.59, Clerks part salary, £500, T.Bonnett Village sign £211.50. Passed for payment. Prop .Mr. Bonnett, 2nd Mr. Ward.
1. Request for donation from N.A.R.S. Agreed £25.
2. Quote from Holly Landscapes re cemetery land. £1,700 plus VAT.
3. Highways wrote that any works necessary to keep the highway safe would be ordered.
4. Periodic Electoral Review. Borough Council suggests Ward now to be North Wissey, comprising Stoke Ferry, Wretton, Wereham and Boughton. Parish Council had no objections.
5. Details of new refuse and recycling collection arrangements.
6. County Hall Legal Services now offering to act for Parishes if required. Cost £50 per hour
7. Street numbering for new roads. Oak Road and Border Road.
8. Appointment of District Auditor for Stoke Ferry now confirmed
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
I. To purchase a wreath for the memorial this year.
2. To contact Mr. King re cleaning in village.
3. Contact resident at 41,Buckenham Drive re overhanging tree and hedge in front garden.
4 It was decided to ask blacksmith to replace broken barrier in Wretton Road.
5 Clerk to write and ask Highways for a site meeting in order to discuss the various necessary repairs in Village
6 To query with plan .dept. the procedure of warning residents of a local planning application.
Public reported that refuse bin had been removed from Bradfield Place, if replaced would rubbish now be collected?
The three seats at cemetery in need of repair, Parish Council agreed to repair and clean during the winter months.
To ask police (once again) to check on cars parking on road and footpaths through the village.